Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 3 hours, 8 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

Motorsport Manager

This topic contains 81 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of SirCoolbeans SirCoolbeans 3 hours, 8 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Alex Tunnicliffe
    Participant

@sircoolbeans will it be available on IPod

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Wow, this looks pretty fantastic! Really looking forward to this :D

ajokay
    Participant

@juan-pablo-heidfeld-1 @magnificent-Geoffrey I still say Grand Prix Manager 2 is far better than Grand Prix World. Plus there’s a decent modding community out there who have essentially updated the game every season for the past 15 years.

GPM2 is a fantastic game too. I liked the fact that you could customise everything and I always enjoyed using one of the additional fantasy teams and introducing them into the sport. It was like you were bringing your very own team onto the grid and it was a lot of fun.

I just find GPW much more immersive then GPM2, especially when it comes to actual racing.

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

Thanks for all the positive feedback so far. Really appreciated. :-)

@alextrosbergfan The game will be universal on iOS. So buy it on iPhone and you’ll be able to play on your iPad at no extra cost (and vice versa). The game features iCloud saves so you’ll be able to play on your phone when you’re out and continue from where you left off on your iPad in front of the TV.

Hydro
    Participant

Are there any plans to bring this to PC at some point down the line?

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

There are, but not this version of the game. I want to make sure they game sits properly on the platform it’s released on. I’d want to do the PC/Mac version properly rather than just port the iOS version. I’ve had some interest from publishers, so it’s on the table.

ajokay
    Participant

@sircoolbeans Greenlight Greenlight Greenlight!

Hydro
    Participant

@sircoolbeans As someone who doesn’t own an iOS or Android device, I’m salivating at the prospect of a PC version in the future.

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

Development is reaching the final stage now. The game will be out next month. :D

Here’s some video footage of how the game looks now (an exclusive for the F1 Fanatic forum):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrVZ3spwFk4

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

Ha, 18 hours of painful silence. :D

Ben
    Participant

Just found this thread and wow, what a great looking game! I can appreciate how much effort goes into something like that (I run a software company currently building apps). Count me in!

Good Work!

BenH
    Participant

Forgot to respond to this actually as its a pain trying to log in to the site on my phone. Saw it last night (I have email subscriptions to this thread) and was blown away. Brilliant stuff so far!

matt90
    Participant

Looks great. What sort of price will the android version be, and how taxing will it be on my slightly older hardware?

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks very much for the positive comments guys. Really appreciated! I’ve been working on this nearly 7 days a week full time for 9 months now. It’s been an incredible experience but a scary one as well. The positive feedback keeps me going.

I was told by a games publisher that they didn’t think they’d be a market for this, but as an F1 fan I think there is. It’s incredibly good fun to make the strategy calls that define races.

I’m not sure on price yet, it’ll be an upfront cost with no IAPs though. I’ve concentrated on the gameplay rather than how to get people to spend more money in game.

As for running on older Android devices. That could be an issue, it depends. The simulation is incredibly detailed. The cars actually drive every single section of the race track and react to each other accordingly, taking into account the circuit, driver stats, car stats, driver personality, strategy, tyre wear and weather conditions and temperature. You can fast forward the simulation and slow it down to real-time whenever you want (which you can see in the video when the camera zooms down to circuit), nothing is faked when the game is sped up, the exact same simulation continues to happen. I’m incredibly proud of it, but it does push older devices to their limit. Although it runs perfectly on all iOS 7 supported iPhones and iPads.

The game will be playable at the Radius Festival in London on Friday if anyone would like to come down and play it early: http://www.radiusfestival.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.