Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 6 days ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

Motorsport Manager

This topic contains 110 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JamieFranklinF1 JamieFranklinF1 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SirCoolbeans
    SirCoolbeans
    Participant

One thing I do need is team names.

So if any of you are interested in naming some of the AI teams feel free to reply to this thread and I’ll add them in.

Obviously they need to be suitable names for ages 3+, and if you intend to play the game probably names that you don’t intend to use yourself. :D

Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

@sircoolbeans – Are you allowed manufacturers? Because you could always put in teams like Peugeot, VW and Koenigsegg.

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

I’m not allowed to use manufacturers, and I’m actually quite happy not to use them.

At first I was worried the game would suffer as a result of not having any licenses, but I’ve used that to my advantage and created 8 unique and new racing series each with their own history. The drivers and teams are unique too. There are no Hewis Lamiltons for example. The circuits are all unique too and in all honesty it’s incredibly good fun as a result.

I’ve been an F1 for 21 years now and I know the circuits on the calendar extremely well. It’s great to race against new people in new locations and you really feel like you’re progressing and moving around the world as a result. It surprises people when they play.

So yeah, unique names are welcome. :-)

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@sircoolbeans – Actually finding it really difficult to thinkg of team names. I’d be better coming up with drivers :P haha

Profile photo of Octopotent
    Octopotent
    Participant

@sircoolbeans Molto Veloce is a team name I have used before as a ferrari paradoy. It means very fast in italian so is a kind of fun and casual version of the scudderia.

Profile photo of David not Coulthard
    David not Coulthard
    Participant

Make it Free Software!

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

@davidnotcoulthard I can’t make it free because I’ve spent 9 months developing it full time and spent my life savings making it. It is a good game and F1 fans will really enjoy it. I think it’s worth paying for and it’ll cost less than a pint of beer, but you’ll get a lot of great hours out of it.

@octopotent That’s a great name. It’s in the game. :-) Thank you.

@bradley13 I’ll add Downton GP in for you. :D

Profile photo of Mathers
    Mathers
    Participant

Is there any opportunity for an editor, where you can make databases personal, changing drivers names and team names as we wish? There are a lot of games that have a great community out of being able to edit the databases, and I can see this being no different – you can get a lot of people talking about it if someone makes unofficial databases for the game with the support of the developer, not unlike football manager games.

As far as team names go, what about these:

American Engineering
    Jones Grand Prix
    Lapierre Sportif
    Scuderia Pinasco
    Schneider Motorsport

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

@mathers Thank you, that’s a great list. Much appreciated.

I do plan on adding an editor for the database, there are a few issues I’d need to solve first so I’ve currently got that task on my post release list for a future update.

The name suggestions so far have been great. Keep them coming guys. :-)

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@sircoolbeans – I was going to suggest that, and I’d love Downton to be in everyone’s game with their usual striking Orange, Blue and Black livery but…

Who would I then play as? :P haha

Profile photo of Antonio Rossi
    Antonio Rossi
    Participant

@sircoolbeans This looks great and I will definitely be buying come May!

Profile photo of David not Coulthard
    David not Coulthard
    Participant

@sircoolbeans This kind of free…….

But yeah, I can understand you, I guess.

Oh, and a team sponsoring Free-as-in-freedom software projects in the game could be nice – though the licences for their logo might require you to release the livery of a such a team elsewhere with a compatible licence………..

Profile photo of BenH
    BenH
    Participant

Got to have the mighty Firecruiser Racing Team in there: http://www.reallyrubbishracing.co.uk/index.php?title=Firecruiser_Racing_Team ;) (even have a few logos for it you could use)

Profile photo of Mathers
    Mathers
    Participant

I am looking forward to this game a great deal, and news of a possible editor is even better! You have a guaranteed sale here I have to say.

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

Thanks again for the team names guys. There are loads required! The game has 46 brand new circuits and 8 racing series, that makes a lot of teams! :D

I’m adding them to the game right now. So they’ll actually be in the build I’m taking to the Radius Festival (http://www.radiusfestival.com/#!games/cm2z) in Leicester Square on Friday. If anyone is around for that it’s free admission (with a ticket) and I’ll be there to talk about the game. It’ll be playable as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.