Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 19 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

Motorsport Manager

This topic contains 111 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of minnis minnis 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BenH
    BenH
    Participant

Well I am nowhere near so wouldn’t be able to get there. If you are looking for more inspiration, some more Really Rubbish Racing teams could always be used to fill the gap. Perhaps my teamup with @ratonedge, Northern Monkey Racing: http://www.reallyrubbishracing.co.uk/index.php?title=Northern_Monkey_Racing
    Plenty of other great team names on there too that i am sure people wouldnt mind being used in a motorsport game ;) – http://www.reallyrubbishracing.co.uk/index.php?title=Category:Teams

Profile photo of ajokay
    Anonymous

Yay! Racing

I’m a big fan of unique stuff in games like this so long as they’re done well, which I’m sure you’re doing @sircoolbeans. I quite often played Grand Prix Manager 2 with fictional team and driver names as it completely removes and predetermined bias associated with the better or worse teams or drivers. You get to craft your own history. I do the same in Football Manager. Its far more fun when you don’t know and have to discover for yourself.

Profile photo of SirCoolbeans
    SirCoolbeans
    Participant

The demo I took to the Radius Festival went down really well. Keith Stuart of The Guardian spoke to me about the game. Here are his thoughts http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/20/radius-festival-of-indie-games-day-two-live#block-53a44adbe4b017f323c13fec

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

If the link doesn’t take you straight to the Motorsport Manager section the interview is at 4.15pm.

Profile photo of Juan Pablo Heidfeld
    Juan Pablo Heidfeld
    Participant

I’ve heard that Ingram GP is a good team name….

They’d look good in green, with a dash of white ;)

Profile photo of Juan Pablo Heidfeld
    Juan Pablo Heidfeld
    Participant

And Keith sounds really impressed by the game! I hope it does come to android too? Sounded a little doubtful there

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

@juan-pablo-heidfeld-1 Don’t worry it’ll find it’s way to Android fairly soon. It’s just a little trickier due to the wide range of devices that need to be supported. Thanks for the team name too. :-)

Press attention is starting to build now. After that coverage in The Guardian the other day it’s also been picked up by Pocket Gamer: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Motorsport+Manager/news.asp?c=60207

@keithcollantine I’d love to be able to chat with you about the game and it’s development. F1 Fanatic has been my prime source of F1 goodness for over 5 years now and it would rock my world to show you the game in detail. :-)

Profile photo of andra49
    andra49
    Participant

@sircoolbeans any news about the release date?

Profile photo of Saints
    Saints
    Participant

WHEN DO YOU RELEASE?

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

Oops. Sorry guys. Soon. :D

I’ve been a bit delayed by some super exciting happenings regarding the game.

It’ll be released in the middle of August. :-)

Here’s the latest build running on my iPod: https://vine.co/v/M22LJIWwqrF

Profile photo of Saints
    Saints
    Participant

Looks great man, I’m looking forward to it. Can you reveal the price? (if you haven’t already)

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

It’ll be an upfront cost of £2.99.

SirCoolbeans
    Participant

I’ve just submitted the game to the App Store.

It’s been the most incredible 11 months of full-time development I’ve ever had (and I’ve worked in the games industry for 10 years). I’ve put my heart and soul (and life savings) into this project. I’m in shock that it’s done. I honestly can’t wait for you all to play it. I’m super proud of it.

Thank you for your messages in this thread. They really do help you to keep you going when it’s cold and dark out and it’s 2am and you’re still tweaking the gameplay values to make sure the difference in performance between the soft and hard tyres is just right.

Thanks again guys.

I’m off to the pub to get drunk. TTFN. :D

Profile photo of minnis
    minnis
    Participant

Cannot wait for this. You’ve got a guaranteed sale as soon as it’s available on Android! Unfortunately I don’t have any apple devices.

Do you have any idea at all when it’ll be released on Android? As in, are we talking days, or years?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.