F1 Games

New F1 2012 patch for PS3?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Paulocreed
    Participant

Anyone know what the latest F1 2012 by CodeMasters patch did?
    Cuz it messed up all my wheel settings.

electrolite
    Participant

It’s to do with the wheel rotation – they’ve changed it so your hands can match what they do on screen. It’s real annoying I know, and even the best alterations don’t change the handling exactly back to how it was. But once you make the changes, and take the time to get used to it – it’s not all that bad.

I’ve got a Logitech DFGT; we seem to be the worst affected, unfortunately! Change the steering saturation to 63 degrees (that matches how you turn the wheel with what happens on screen) and toy with the linearity. Perhaps even up to 30/40 degrees, depending on your style. Can’t remember mine straight off, but hope that helps.

Paulocreed
    Participant

@electrolite Oh, ok thanks. I have my saturation to about 50 degrees and it was fine before the patch. The linearity I need to work on abit more. I’m having a harder time now to keep the car straight. It also changed my button configuration. So I need to work with it abit more, and the force feedback I find much heavier too.
    I use the Logitech G27.
    Do you also play GT5 as well as F1 2012?
    If you play on ps3 feel free to add me. My PSN ID is: paulocreed

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

I have the DFGT too, and I simply can’t use the wheel on F1 2012. For me, the lock is all wrong, if I turn in more then the car should turn more and even though I’m sure after extensive practice, I may be able to get used to it, I don’t think I could ever be as quick with it because it feels too unnatural. I think it was their way of levelling the playing field between pad and wheel users, but unfortunately it has also taken the fun out of using the wheel, as it doesn’t feel right.

Anyway, Electrolite’s settings are what I’ve been given in the past, so that should help, even if it doesn’t fix the underlying issue :P

electrolite
    Participant

I’ll admit, I’ve had to be extremely patient with it.

G27 users have reported very similar problems, so it’s probably affected Logitech wheels across the board. I only bought and began mastering a wheel right at the end of the the F1 2011 saga, and 2012 kinda put me back to square one. Then, when I finally got used to it, they released the patch, which changed it all again :D

the force feedback I find much heavier too.

You can actually keep the feedback nice and strong and the wheel heavy (although that’s just my personal preference!). It’s the environmental feedback I’ve had to turn down, as I find going over kerbs makes it feel like the wheel could break. That could be what you mean. Way to go, Codemasters…

Alfie
    Participant

Oh joy, I’ve found a patch at Silverstone that makes it feel like the wheel itself is gonna drop off. Not fun to drive over, but it’s the racing line.

Paulocreed
    Participant

I’m getting abit more used to it, and the understeer issue since launch is much improved. But I find now that the car is more twitchy. After the apex and around corner exit I spin too much, whereas I didn’t have that issue prior to the patch. It feels closer to playing F1 2010 but not quite as easy. I haven’t played 2011 so I can’t give a complete comparison.

I think you’re right @electrolite that it affected all logitech wheels.

I prefer the wheel light, and I’ve noticed going over kerbs is atrocious too. Definitely need more time to practice and play with. Yes, thank you CM for making me start all over again.

Maybe my 4 year old can figure it out for me this weekend… :P

Next Christmas gift is definitely a mic so I can talk while playing online instead of pausing to send a message. lol

electrolite
    Participant

@paulocreed It is a lot more akin to F1 2011 now, I find. Try loosening your grip a bit exiting corners and let the force feedback naturally straighten itself. If you try to fight it too much it can spin – especially with TC off!

Paulocreed
    Participant

@electrolite Ah, ok. Thanks, I’ll play with it and try that too. What do you think about the car set-up changes? Have you noticed any big difference with that and the wheel?

electrolite
    Participant

I can’t say I really remember as the patch came out a while ago now! Nothing drastic, though. Infact I didn’t play it for like a month as I couldn’t be arsed with the the changes they’d made :P

Paulocreed
    Participant

I haven’t played f1 2012 much since borderlands 2 and halo 4 came out. But I haven’t played it for about a month or so and then popped it in a few days ago and got the patch. Do you find the car setup helps with the new steering in any way? Cuz it didn’t make much difference prior to the patch from what I noticed. Although I don’t heavily work on car setup as I neither have the time nor patience to play that long.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.