F1 Games

SkyF1 'strategy game' – unplayable by active fans

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bosyber
    Participant

This morning I noticed a new SkyF1 race strategy game article;I was waiting and thought it would be fun.

Idea is nice, description of situation, what do you do.

Sadlys, all the cases are from very recent races, unchanged, so most fans will know how it played out, making the choice obvious.

Guess I am spoiled with the depth of F1fanatic quizzes. Did others have same experience?

Atticus
    Participant

Yeah, absolutely. I felt like having been given the test sheet before my exam, lol.

Besides, only 2 or 3 of the five cases were real hardcore strategic matter, there were a few ‘soft’ ones in there too – e. g. the last one, or the penultimate one. (Perez himself admitted afterwards to Sky that it was not an edge-y situation they’ve just simply miscalculated the pit loss under SC.) Even the third one is more or less just a judgment call, an application of a racing principle, ‘team strategy’ at max, and not race strategy per se. (Of course it’d have been better to let the faster car pass from a purely team prospective, but that’s the worst team order there is, there’s nothing scientific in it like in fuel strategies or pit loss/SC probability/tyre deg-driven tyre strategies.)

But… it was different from Sky, a breath of fresh air, so I still liked it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.