I’ll spare you what would likely become a novel about my race and how it unfolded before me (it was pretty eventful) and give you this instead:
• Apologies to @Aus_Steve for effectively ruining his race when he was running at the front.
• When I hit the debris at the 9:12 mark, it felt like I was hit from behind which sent me into the wall (but I later realised no-one was there). Was anyone else experiencing unusual things happening due to lag?
• Well done to @Alfie. You were incredibly fast and I’m sure if there wasn’t any lag, we’d have had an even cleaner battle. @Olliekart was also fun to race against.
• Lapped cars probably played some part in what happened, but it’s not usually a problem. This was Monaco, after all. We expected to have difficulties with incidents here like we do every season. And with 15 people all connecting via @Electrolite‘s router, there’s bound to be a considerable amount of lag. When combined with tight streets and no-where to pass, you haven’t really got a good mix. But that’s what makes this round unique!
• Probably should have picked some French or Monegasque (there’s a distinctly Monegasque music scene, right?) music instead of everyone’s favourite Colombian, but then I realised she’s everyone’s favourite Colombian ever.
• I changed the last song after realising it wasn’t very family friendly. To see the unedited version of the ending (after you’ve watched the full version, of course!), click here.
• Yay, won a race!