F1 Games

The Official F1Fanatic PS3 World Championship

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 979 total)
  • Author

The Collantine Cup – Inaugural Season

The Drivers:

AUS_Steve – Red Bull

damonsmedley – McLaren

electrolyte – Sauber-BMW

Irishlad – Ferrari

jonnyw360f1 – Lotus

Magnificent Geoffrey – Virgin

Mouse Nightshirt – Hispania (TBC)

Ned Flanders – Torro Rosso

RIISE – Renault

shyguy1992 – Williams

slr – Mercedes

Sutil-M – Force India

(Car performance will be equal throughout the Championship)

The Calendar

As selected by the drivers themselves, The Collantine Cup* will be decided after a series of gruelling races on eight of the most challenging circuits in the world.

*not actually a real thing

Round 1: Melbourne, Australia (November 28)

Round 2: Monza, Italy*

Round 3: Istanbul, Turkey*

Round 4: Montreal, Canada*

Round 5: Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium*

Round 6: Monte Carlo, Monaco*

Round 7: Suzuka, Japan*

Round 8: Sao Paolo, Brazil*

*Dates will be determined by mutal consent after each Round

The Races

Races will take place on pre-agreed Sundays, at 11:00am GMT.

Each race will run for 30% race distance (may be increased in later rounds if deemed necessary).

The grid for each race will be determined by a 15 minute qualifying session, immediately prior to each race.

Tyre and Fuel simulation will apply – drivers will need to run both the Prime and Option tyres at some point during dry races.

Damage will be set to Cosmetic only.

Weather will be set to Dynamic, wet races are a possibility.

All driving aids will be left available.

The Points System:

Points for the Championship will be awarded using the real 2010 FIA points system:

1st) 25 points

2nd) 18 points

3rd) 15 points

4th) 12 points

5th) 10 points

6th) 8 points

7th) 6 points

8th) 4 points

9th) 2 points

10th) 1 point

Points will only be awarded if the driver is successfully running at the completion of the race. DNFs or disconnects will result in no points being earned.

After Round 7, each driver will nominate a race result to ‘drop’, causing them to lose the points they gained for that particular Round. The Championship table will be altered to reflect this before the final Round commences.

After Round 8 is completed, the driver with the highest total points score will be declared the Official F1Fanatic World Champion.

The Rules:

Deliberate unsportsmanlike behaviour such as, but not limited to, excessive weaving, deliberate ramming, driving around the track the wrong way, parking across the track to block other drivers will result in a warning and then a ban from the Championship if warnings are not heeded. That driver’s place in the Championship will then be offered to reserves on a first-come, first-served basis.

Drivers unable to make a Round of the Championship will not be penalised if they notifying the others of their absence prior to that Round taking place. Drivers who don’t turn up to multiple races without notifying in advance may have their place in the Championship offered to a reserve.

The Procedure:

Invites will be sent out at 10:55am GMT (5 minutes before event start). Drivers can join at any time between then and the 11:00am GMT start, but if a driver fails to enter the room within that time, without notifying that they will be late, the race will begin and that driver will not be allowed to join the session.

After qualifying, there will be a 2 minute wait to allow drivers to prepare for the race, during which time no one is to select ‘Go to Race’ on the menu screen.

There will only be one attempt at each race, no restarts.

Gentlemen, see you on the grid at Albert Park.

RIISE

I’m so excited about this, haha made my day with the vid. Good times.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Love love love that logo music!!

Good stuff, very thorough Mr Geoffrey. I’m gutted I’m going to miss the first race Albert Park though, that’s one of the circuits I expected to do well on. At Monaco and Suzuka in particular I’m useless. Still, if I can score a few points and perhaps the odd podium I’ll be happy

Stephen Jones
    Participant

so hyped up about this now.. someone needs to photoshop a trophy with the F1F logo on it!

but yeah, the video was the icing on the cake..

now to try and persuade the team into making me the #1 Driver.. shouldn’t be that hard

Slr
    Participant

Can’t wait. The only problem for me is that I share my PS3 with my brother, and he will not get off it just so that I can do this. I might miss a race or two for this reason.

irishlad
    Participant

Love the post Geoff, great to see the dynamic line back, relief for some :D.

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

So stoked about this…even if I am going to come near the bottom! :)

RIISE

As long as you lot stay away from the rear of my car i’ll be happy. =)

Ned Flanders
    Participant

With me missing the first race this weekend there’s a guest seat in the Flandersmobile if anyone wants it?

electrolite
    Participant

Awesome. Great choice of tracks as well.

Also MG it’s Electrolite with in ‘i’ rather than a ‘y’ as it’s an R.E.M. reference, not the scientific one :P But it doesn’t matter haha! Can’t wait.

“You are the star tonight,

Your sun electric, out of sight.

Your light eclipsed the moon tonight,

Electrolite,

You’re outta sight”

Of course it is. Do forgive me. I can’t edit the post now, though. If a very kind and handsome mod would change it for me, that would be lovely!

Fun Fact: I went to see REM at the City Ground in Nottingham when they were the first band to ever play there. Me mum loves them.

electrolite
    Participant

That’s brilliant Mag, i’m so jealous. Hopefully they’ll come to the UK next year as a new record is coming out. My avatar’s from the music video as well, a screenshot of the band karting, it seemed appropriate.

RIISE

So who’s ready for tomorrow?

Ned Flanders
    Participant

I’m hoping the Newcastle game gets called off tomorow so I don’t have to go to work. Because, a) I’ll be able to take part in the race and b) I won’t have to freeze my arse off at St James’ Park all afternoon…

electrolite
    Participant

I was born ready

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 979 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.