Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 53 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

Gran Turismo 6

This topic contains 160 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Harry Westwood Harry Westwood 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 151 through 161 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    matt90
    Participant

The Senna content is almost with us. Let’s just hope it’s free. I’m a bit ****** off that the promised GPS/track designer hasn’t turned up yet. Mind you, the GPS on my phone is so inaccurate that I probably wouldn’t be able to plot a favourite route anyway. At least they’ve been releasing the odd concept car within days of their unveiling. Still, hopefully things will kick of a bit now.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_4320294.html

David-A
    Participant
    matt90
    Participant

Yeah, can’t say I’m surprised. That’s even in the original opening movie- at least the special edition one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qOhDDq0PJc

(right at the end)

matt90
    Participant

A little more info on the Senna updates.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_4571804.html

It appears that we will get 4 instalments, which suggests at least 4 different cars, and ’80s variants of at least 2 tracks. That means an earlier, tighter and opposite-direction 1st chicane for Monza. I’m less sure how Brands hatch has changed from the ’80s. I know several sections have been re-profiled over the years (1st corner, 3rd corner and the following straight), but I thought most of that happened before Senna’s time. I don’t know if Dingle Dell might be different somehow- it’s had different layouts in the past, but I thought the ’80s version was essentially the same.

matt90
    Participant
    craig-o
    Participant

It has been announced today that the Red Bull Ring is to come to Gran Turismo 6. I can imagine that the X2014 will have no problem lapping it in well under a minute. Nissan’s VGT is also due soon.

matt90
    Participant

Any idea if it’ll be free? I’ve been a bit annoyed by how slow it has been for content to appear which was announced before the games release, but the amount of free stuff they’ve made available so far is pretty cool. Seeing the slightly different ’80s versions of Brands and Monza were a very nice touch. I’d love to see that happen to more tracks, although the ones I’d most like to see that happen to would be a pretty big job…
    original Nurburgring start loop
    an older version of Le Mans- pre Porsche curves
    old Spa would be nice but completely infeasible due to the scale and how little would be retained from the current version
    Monaco minus the swimming pool section and possibly the chicane, maybe without Armco to reflect the ’50s/’60s look, even if they just kept the modern buildings
    Silverstone from before the Brooklands section and when most of the corners were faster

craig-o
    Participant

@matt90 The update (1.09) contains the Red Bull Ring, the Toyota TS030 ’12 (their WEC car for that year), a VLN Lexus and allows for the Nissan GT-R GT3 Team RJN to be purchased. All free except you have to purchase the cars. Toyota is 2M credits but the others are much more reasonably priced.

MazdaChris
    Participant

Toyota is great, really does drive superbly. But the PP is a bit low, and it’s a fair bit slower than most of the other LMPs. I can’t say for sure whether that’s accurate, though.

ajokay
    Participant

We’ll be starting up a new season over at Really Rubbish Racing fairly soon and we’re making the switch from Forza 4 for GT6, mainly because we’re bored. If anyone wants to join us, you’re more than welcome to.

http://www.reallyrubbishracing.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=1345

Harry Westwood
    Participant

Might consider it, I’m moving a lot off of f1 and onto GT6

Viewing 11 posts - 151 through 161 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.