Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 4 hours, 24 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

What else do you play?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 69 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of In_Silico In_Silico 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    RagingInferno
    Participant

If I’m not playing a racing game I will most likely be playing a FPS. I’m a big fan of the Borderlands series. Bioshock and the earlier Unreal Tournament games are also very good.

The Elder Scroll series is also a favourite of mine, I really enjoyed the exploration aspects of the game and I’m looking forward to the next installment.

I also enjoy horror games from time to time. I’m currently working my way through Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I also highly recommend the first Dead Space game, and to a slightly lesser extent the second game.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Really want to play the new Tomb Raider, it looks amazing!

Oh, it is. It’s a good mix of platforming, combat, and secondary RPG elements in a semi-open world setting. The game is perhaps a little too forgiving at times with its generous auto-save feature, but there is a lot to discover and it’s very easy to get distracted looking for relics and artifacts.

George
    Participant

A lot of my time is devoted to Iracing, but I fill in the gaps with a selection of things. My main FPS is Battlefield 3, although I play a bit of Arma too when I can get a group together. I’ve also been playing some War Thunder with some friends recently. I play Shogun 2: Total War with a friend and am currently working through a singleplayer run of Napoleon: Total War. Finally I occasionally play through RPGs like The Witcher, the Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series, etc.

dot_com
    Participant

Trackmania, anyone? F1 style cars doing crazy jumps and flips at mega speeds. Addictive game, and oh, it’s free :)

sam3110
    Participant

FIFA – MLB The Show – Need For Speed – GRID – SSX – Assassins Creed – Tomb Raider – Red Dead Redemption – LA Noire – Tiger Woods – Skyrim – Sims 3 – GT 5 – Uncharted – Grand Theft Auto – Saints Row – DiRT – Just Cause – Skate/Tony Hawk – Pro Evo – DJ Hero – Madden – Test Drive Unlimited – Modnation Racers – LBP – F1

Pretty wide range there, but I hate FPS and Beat Em Up games a la COD and Tekken

Anonymous

Oh, wait, you said things other than racing games! Do @keithcollantine ‘s caption compeitions count?

But don’t discount racing games, though, what about Speed dreams? It’s free of charge (and it’s copylefted – and no hidden costs) and it’s quite realistic (although it’s impossible to play it with a keyboard – I tried that). It’s also less of a game and more of a simulator. It’s possible to just watch a simulation of a race without really racing in it.
    http://www.speed-dreams.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLFyaIXY-OY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD2q7n64gMI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWTpPABEJPs

And here’s a video of a race in which the player doesn’t participate – only the AI cars do:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ-W91OOssU

Note:
    -Before you first race, go to Main Menu >> Configure Player, and change the settings there. “Skill Level” doesn’t change the AI’s difficulty, it changes how difficult it is to drive the car (my logic says that the higher the setting here is, the more difficult and real the car’s controls are)
    -You can configure the AI in Main Menu>>Options>>AI Opponents
    -When you start your 1st race press F1 a.s.a.p. It’ll show you how to do things like turning the headlights on/off, turn on and off ABS/TC, change the camera angle,….things like that).

I also play SuperTuxKart but based on you first post there’s just no way that you’re going to like it.

Lin1876
    Participant

Speed Dreams is great fun to play with, but even my (admittedly shoddy) gamepad struggles to offer enough control. I would love to play it with a Logitech G27 when/if they implement force feedback, because I think that would really do the simulation engine justice.

To be honest, I play a lot less racing games than I used to. I still enjoy a good sim, but my time recently has been dominated by The Last Story, Xenoblade and Zelda: Skyward Sword (yes, I’m a Nintendo fan). I also played Ferrari F355 Challange and Metropolis Street Racer on Dreamcast, which are both awesome, awesome games.

Paulocreed
    Participant

Borderlands series, Halo series, Gears of War, GT5, Assasins Creed. GTA.
    I don’t have time for RPGs anymore but a number of the ones listed by others are great. There’s the Kingdom of Amalur or Day of Reckoning. Used to play the WWE yuke’s series. Plus FiFA and NHL from EA Sports. MGS and some others mentioned above. I can’t remember anymore off the top of my head.

Nicholas Sunderland
    Participant

Used to play Zelda and stuff, but now I game more on my PC. I was a bit late to the party with Half-Life 2 and only went through it a few months ago, and lately I’ve been really into this awesome indie game called Guns of Icarus Online. Steampunk airship combat, who could ask for more?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I bought BioShock Infinite the other day, and was blown away by it. I’m in the middle of my second play-through, trying to find everything, and I’m probably going to need a third run through just to get it all.

Ben Furtula
    Participant

GT5, Driver San Francisco, AFL Live, NBA 2K13, FIFA 13, Dirt 3, GRID, F1 2010, F1 2011, And Of Course F1 2012!

I play a lot of racing games on my Ps3, PsP, Xbox and iPad. I also played NBA2k13, FF, and Sims 3. Just last night, I spent 6 hours on this site–”f1deals.com”. They have fun games about f1 racing. I find it challenging to answer their trivia games.

@Prisoner-Monkeys Do you need to have played through the original Bioshock series to be able to appreciate the narrative of Infinite? I’ve never played any of the original Bioshock games and don’t know if I can be bothered to spend all that time playing through them.

Bendanarama
    Participant

@magnificent-geoffrey You’ll appreciate it MORE if you play the first game – 2 isn’t really that revelant – but I wouldn’t say its 100% necessary.

@Prisoner-monkeys have you tried 1999 Mode yet? Proper hardcore.

DamionShadows
    Participant

Have any of you guys played RaceRoom? It’s free to download from Steam and it comes with free content with cars and tracks for purchase as well.

Here recently i’ve been playing Tomb Raider, and it’s every bit as good as PM said it was :D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.