Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of Oli Peacock
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1 Games

Public Group active 15 hours, 12 minutes ago

A place to discuss Codemasters’ F1 games, Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport, rFactor, iRacing and everything else to do with virtual motorsport.

What is your setup for your virtual racing environment?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of vinicius.jlantunes vinicius.jlantunes 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

My setup is a Xbox wireless racing wheel (by wireless they mean no wires to the console, there are still wires for power, and between the wheel and pedals), mounted to a homemade stand, which I pull up to the couch. It isn’t perfect, but it’s okay.

The homemade stand is made from MDF, bolted to steel legs from a Table Mate II Tray which was about $20 – http://www.rkdm.com/tablemate/index.htm

The pedals are zip tied to the MDF base, and the wheel is mounted using the clamp that came with the wheel.

All up including the MDF, screws, hardware and the Table Mate II Tray it was probably about $50 to put together.

Here is a picture – http://www.flickr.com/photos/64237546@N06/6179242703/

BTW I only use it with an Xbox360. One day I plan to upgrade to Fanatec Wheel and Pedal combo, and a better stand.

Profile photo of dam00r
    dam00r
    Participant

A fabric sofa

A Sharp 42″ tv

A Bose home cinema system

A PS3 with controller pad

Profile photo of Dphect
    Dphect
    Participant

I sit on floorboards and play on my 12″ Black and White TV, powered by a hamster in a wheel.

Profile photo of Joey-Poey
    Joey-Poey
    Participant

regular old office chair, a Logitech Momo racing wheel and pedals, a 17″ monitor and my PC. I’d love to get myself a proper racing seat and racing gloves, though.

Profile photo of Icthyes
    Icthyes
    Participant

TV that isn’t mine, wireless controller, office chair whose left-front wheel is prone to falling off, in a cramped bedroom

Profile photo of electrolite
    electrolite
    Participant

@Icthyes that’s the way to do it.

Kickass avatar too btw.

Profile photo of Icthyes
    Icthyes
    Participant

@electrolite why thank you

Profile photo of vinicius.jlantunes
    vinicius.jlantunes
    Participant

I just bought an XBOX 360 and F1 2011. I still suck at it… could surely do with a steering wheel. Problem is that Microsoft stopped producing theirs and have only a “wii style” one now that doesn’t seem very exciting. The “Mad catz” ones seem not to make people happy so I was wondering what you guys use… looks like most of the XBOX guys in this thread go with the controller itself. But I would like getting a wheel. If I still suck, then I know the problem is not the controller!

Profile photo of Stephen Jones
    Stephen Jones
    Participant

@vinicius.jlantunes look up “Fanatec”.. they make high quality wheels for 360 (last i can remember)

Profile photo of vinicius.jlantunes
    vinicius.jlantunes
    Participant

@iamsa8, thanks for the tip! I’ve been looking around and indeed the Fanatec ones look good. A bit expensive tough, but all of them are, so will have to use the controller for now… hope I get better!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.