- First of all, helmet designs is a must.
– A mode for creating your own team, like a manager mode basically. Creating the livery, gaining sponsors, choosing from made-up drivers based on their cost and skill levels. Having the money to upgrade facilities like the wind tunnel and improving your technical department to make sure upgrades for your car are more efficient and quicker produced. That, would be awesome.
– The penalty system to be sorted out. I don’t understand why I should get a penalty for being crashed into as I come out of the pits, whilst another driver isn’t on the racing line…
– The AI to be more consistent. How can I be a second faster in qualifying and then be trounced and finish 8th in a race? Even with mistakes, I should be at least matching their pace. Not to mention, their overtaking maneuvers should be more realistic.
– I’m not a big fan of the feeder series idea, but the idea of pre-season testing is very good. I don’t want to be doing a HRT every season.
– They should definitely change the numbers after each season. I don’t care if drivers don’t move, but if and when I win the Championship, I want that number 1. Maybe choose the driver you replace in the team as well?
– More advanced damage system. All that really happens, is my front wing coming off. Little bit poor really.
– Better integrated “Live the life” system. This should include podiums, even if it’s from the driver’s perspective, a hell of a lot more varied press questions, with actual REAL consequences to your answers.
– Data and statistics from previous seasons. So that I can check what happened at this particular circuit last season, where I came in quali and the race. What the fastest times were in practice, qualifying and the race and things like that.
– As aforementioned, definitely need consistency in weather of sessions. I don’t want heavy rain in Q1, and then a completely dry track in Q2. It’s not realistic.
– Possible commercial backing from sponsors? Even if they’re made up. So a team’s decision to hire you could also be based on money reasons, and your money could help quicker development through a season. Worth a thought anyway. It doesn’t necessarily have to appear on the car livery, but could be on the custom helmet.
– Better data on the computer screen during a race weekend. I want to be able to see my lap compared to other driver’s, in braking zones and what not so that I can see where I’m losing and gaining time over a single lap. As well as being able to see everyone’s sector 3 times on the screen too :P. Also, being able to analyse tyre wear. Especially in this particular forthcoming season.
– Being able to compare and copy setups from your team mate.
– A MUCH more advanced race engineer. Even to the point that it’s possible to request certain information. The race engineer on 2010 was just too basic. It never really helped me.
I think that’s all for now anyway. F1 2010 is a great game in my opinion. But with these changes, it could become an all time classic.
As for safety cars and the like, i don’t really mind. Mainly because as nice as it would be, if it wasn’t done accurately, i’m sure it would become a major nuisance and possibly a bit of a bore.