F1 Games

F1F Formula One PS3 Winter World Championship

This topic contains 434 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Bradley Downton 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 435 total)
  • Author

BROOKSY007
    Participant

Jt – noooo – you will be missed mate. It looks like I’m on the prowl for a new team mate!!

Under jt’s I was mclaren

1st – mclaren
    2nd – redbull
    3rd – ferrari

( I will miss my trusty redbull – 2 full seasons with her! )

Bradley – what is MG’s place in all this? Its not like any of us were invited to even try out for the collantine cup! I just don’t understand what the connection is! Please explain.

Why no damage? Isn’t this going to increase stupidity on track? Where’s the downside to going for risky moves? if u also want to get rid of moaning, r u suggesting no penalties or drivers review panel? The realism and penalties is what makes this better than a rammers quick game isn’t it – rewarding good consistent driving?

My final point / suggestion – can we have an allowance system, where if u get disconnected or miss a race, u can use one of your allowances? In another league I drive in u get 10 points for your first allowance then 7, 5, 3 and 1 (something like that). It keeps people more intouch in the standings if they miss an event.

Looking forward to racing mate! C u on track!!!

Bradley – what is MG’s place in all this? Its not like any of us were invited to even try out for the collantine cup! I just don’t understand what the connection is! Please explain.

Hello @brooksy007. First of all, in regards to inviting you all to join the Collantine Cup, I posted this on November 2nd and then this on November 5th. I opened it to anyone who wanted to register and then the other Collantine Cup members decided who from that list of candidates we wanted to join us.

For the second year in a row, as soon as the Collantine Cup has begun, a million people suddenly appear wanting to race or to set up their own series. There’s nothing wrong with that, but I’ve already closed registrations for the Collantine Cup this year. In order to try and sort something else out to accommodate those people who aren’t in the Collantine Cup, I’ve been consulting with Bradley in private about him taking control of the second incarnation of the old ‘Junior’ series. I’ve been advising him on what to do to make this new series as successful and fun as my own and I have full confidence that he’ll be able to do that. I’m helping him sort this out for your benefit, not for mine.

I’ve read a lot of bitterly worded posts directed at me recently and to be honest I have no idea why people seem to hate me so much. All I’ve ever done is tried my best to run a fun, successful series for the amusement of my F1F friends during the off-season and I’m proud to say that I feel I’ve achieved that. So when I get people accusing me of being a horrible person because of how I run my series or when someone like you appears from nowhere and accuses me of not even inviting you to join the Collantine Cup, even when I gave everyone plenty of notice in advance as to how they could sign up, I don’t appreciate it. If I’m honest, it hurts my feelings. All I’m doing here is trying to help Bradley create a series that you guys can enjoy as much as we all enjoy the Collantine Cup, without all the moaning and the falling out that I’ve seen happen with the Junior and the in-season series. That’s all. Is that OK with you?

Anonymous

I think it’s important that the guys that run these comps are doing the best they can and need to be appreciated for their dedication. Although I missed out an opportunity in the Collantine Cup and with this league (due to infavourable timing on my end), it’s still good to read how people have gone in the races and the friendly banter that comes along with it.

I think it’s important to have a set of ground rules – and I think MG’s set of rules are a good starting point. However, I would like to suggest that perhaps there could be several racing leagues racing under similiar rules but having alternative conditions – like, one league with no driver assists and another with certain assists on to help players that use and hand controller.

I’m happy to run a league using MG’s rules/season but without driver assists and full damage/full race simulation – which I have posted in a separate topic.

Perhaps there could be a grand final at the end of the season for the top 4 drivers of each league to compete in…. “The Official F1Fanatic PS3 F1 2011 Race Of Champions (ROC)”…

BROOKSY007
    Participant

MG – I think u misunderstood my tone in my writing! No offence meant!! I thought they were 2 completely separate leagues and I was just wondering why bradley was consulting you and not the drivers of this league. Some of us have been here for 2 seasons now and I thought that we should be able to shape what sort of championship we have in the future.

I’d like you to race with us sometime mate, there r some drivers here that may give you a good run!! I think I’ve got a spot in the garage next to me! That’s why I feel we don’t need our cars wrapped in cotton wool with damage off! Lol. If there is a free seat 1 weekend I’d also like to have a run as a guest driver in your league also mate.

Just out of interest did u post on our leagues page the trials for your league – just wondering as ill keep an eye out at a later date.

write back if you want mate!

George
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    Is there any room left for this? My brother assanator suggested I join. My PSN login is as here abboracing.

Regards
    George

George
    Participant

Sorry, Asanator

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@brooksy007 – I never expected that… you, actually wanting a McLaren over Red Bull.. :O aha. @magnificent-geoffrey has explained everything perfectly and i can say no more. Me and him have been talking privately so i can see how he runs the Collantine Cup because they have less crashes and moaning than we have experienced, and this is what im striving for. Damage is off for the time being because this is how it is in the Collantine Cup and i am just experimenting with different things so that some people who say, get taken out at turn 1, don’t end up completely out of the race. Penalty system still applies but i want to use it less, because i want less collisions! :P aha. I do understadn your points, and i take them all on board, but this is experimenting and may change later in the season if i dont feel it’s working.
    Finally, i dont mean this as a dig at you at all but, There IS NOT currently, and still WILL NOT be, points for disconnections. Yes, it’s unfair, but earlier you were saying you wanted realism, and in real F1, people have mechanical failures, they can’t say ‘Hang on a minute, i did nothing wrong, this isn’t fair, i want points or i might not win’. It just happens and they can’t change it, so neither will we get the chance to.

@abboracing – If everyone to be confirmed says they are racing, we will have 15, so you will be the 16th, welcome aboard :D. Can you please post your top 3 car choices as others have done?

f199player
    Participant

I was originally put down for ferrari, then William, then mclaren

BROOKSY007
    Participant

Bradley – I understand your points, but that also means no safety car! It is so cool when u do get 1 ! I along with everyone else appreciate the work u put in, but it would be nice if we could vote on decisions relating to how our championship is formed. Not having a go at you, just saying that those of us that have turned up every weekend for 2 years to race have also contributed to making this league what it is. After 2 solid seasons I guess I get a little territorial!! Let’s try no damage, and see how it goes!

BROOKSY007
    Participant

Bradley – I understand your points, but that also means no safety car! It is so cool when u do get 1 ! I along with everyone else appreciate the work u put in, but it would be nice if we could vote on decisions relating to how our championship is formed. Not having a go at you, just saying that those of us that have turned up every weekend for 2 years to race have also contributed to making this league what it is. After 2 solid seasons I guess I get a little territorial!! Let’s try no damage, and see how it goes!

I did want red bull, but I think robocat wants it also and he did have it under jt’s lineup. So if he wants mclaren ill happily take my rb7 back!!

ayrtonsenna01
    Participant

Brooksy, if people want to play to the rules in our other championship, they can come join us over at F1gamers ;)

George
    Participant

If all the cars are set to equal I am not that bothered what I am racing in.
    But, as requested

1- Ferrari
    2- Red bull
    3- Mclaren

Nic Morley
    Participant

First Choice: Red Bull
    Second Choice: Ferrari
    Third Choice: Williams

George
    Participant

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I got my PS user name wrong. It is actually Abbmacher.

Thanks, George.

Bradley Downton
    Participant

@abboracing – Thanks, i will add you soon. Also, can you please post your first name and surname on here for the wiki?
    @asanator – Can you please post your first name and surname on here for the wiki?
    @colinf – Can you please post your first name and surname on here for the wiki?
    @formula-1 – Can you please post your first name and surname on here for the wiki?
    @midgetiser – Can you please post your first name and surname on here for the wiki? And also confirm is you are definately entering? And if you are your top 3 car choices please.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 435 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.