Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 48 minutes ago

F1 discussion

2012 F1 season review: Best moments of the year

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 67 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dragoll
    dragoll
    Participant

1. The lack of grip in the USGP took me back to the days where tactics and strategies had their parts to play in the result.

2. The finale of the Brazillian GP… The whole yellow-gate thing was a waste of space, but the race itself was a fitting climax.

3. Personally I loved seeing Schumi’s qualifying effort in Monaco, given the right equipment, he still has the pace over a lap. The old dog still has some tricks, but glad he hung up his helmet. Still going to miss him… Thank you Schumi…

Profile photo of sumedhvidwans
    sumedhvidwans
    Participant

Aah, so many so many.. I will pick my top 10…

1. Alonso’s drives in Germany and Malaysia
    2. Vettel’s drive in Abu Dhabi.
    3. Pastor winning in Spain and carrying his cousin during the fire.
    4. The 2006-esque Alonso-Kimi-Michael podium at Valencia and Alonso dancing with the Spanish flag and crowds at Valencia
    5. Seeing everyone walk away unhurt after the Spa first lap crash.
    6. Kimi’s team radio in Abu Dhabi and his off-track excursions at Brazil.
    7. Massa’s return to form at the end of the season.
    8. Seeing 2nd to 14th covered nose to tail in the closing stages of the Chinese Grand Prix!
    9. Perez’s first half antics
    10. And finally, an amiable end to the Hamilton-Mclaren partnership at Brazil. Because after Spa and Monza, it looked like they didn’t like each other one bit.

Profile photo of raymondu999
    raymondu999
    Participant

Schumacher’s Monaco pole.
    Alonso’s Hockenheim and Malaysia wins.

Profile photo of Mark Young
    Mark Young
    Participant

The patriotic win by Fernando in Valencia, complete with stopping on the parade lap to soak up the fans, and cheer with the marshals. Even the grid girls on the way up to the podium were cheering and backslapping him instead of golf clapping with painted on smiles. It made me feel like I was watching Mansell at Silverstone!

Profile photo of siva jayanth
    siva jayanth

Kimi Raikkonen’s comeback victory at Abu Dhabhi…saying “Leave me alone. I know what i’m doing” in the team radio….and doing it correctly

Profile photo of Spark
    Spark

For me the comeback of Kimi was a highlight this year. I missed him for his funny team radios.
    The other Highlight was the race in Brazil. A unbelievable exciting race, really.
    I’m glad to see the USA making a GP at a permanent raceway. The USA GP had the most successful race this year. And I think the Formula 1 needs a GP in the USA, lets hope that the teams and B. Eccelstone share my Opinion. It is a must

Profile photo of Tyler
    Tyler
    Participant
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Thanks for your contributions everyone – look out for the finishes articles over the weekend!

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.