Bahrain’s grand prix parody – It shouldn’t be done and despite being a good race, still it left a bad taste watching it.
Sid Watkins passing away – Professor Watkins was a living legend of F1. May he rest in peace.
Maria de Villota crash – Nasty crash with shocking consequences. Real shame.
McLaren phenomenon – Or how can a team with 7 wins and 11 podiums managed to come 3rd in constructors and his driver with 4 wins and 8 podiums to end up 4th, despite having a great season.
So many things come to mind, but the ones that stand out in my mind:
1. Prof Sid Watkins Death
2. de Villota’s injuries
3. Schumi’s penalty ruining his Qualifying Result in Monaco. As a Schumi fan that is one that sticks out for me, not that I’m suggesting that Schumi didn’t deserve the penalty, he did have some brain fade moments running into the back of Senna and JEV, the penalty over shadowed what should have been a stunning Pole Position.
4. Ferrari pushing to win a championship by way of appeal (yellow-gate). To me, if they had of succeeded, this would have damaged the sports reputation. Don’t get me wrong, if there was a clear violation of the rules, I’m all for the rule makers stepping in and policing the issue, however, this was a way that Ferrari saw they could exploit to win the 2012 championship.
1. Prof. Sid Watkins’ Death
2. de Villota losing her eye.
3. Romain causing a frightening crash at Spa.
4. Ferrari breaking the seal on Massa’s gearbox.
5. Hamilton’s retirements from Singapore, Abu Dhabi and Vettel’s retirement from Valencia.