2012 Mallorcan Grand Prix

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Icthyes Icthyes 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bradley Downton
    Bradley Downton

So, anyone else heard the news of the proposed Grand Prix in Mallorca

(pronounced Ma-your-ca), just outside Palma. http://www.crash.net/f1/news/165746/1/new_spanish_venue_presses_on_in_f1_bid.html

and its not being designed by Herman Tilke but instead Gabriel Palmer.

It’s a major holiday hotspot for Brits and a great place(i been there every year on holiday for the last 8 years :D)

Surely it can only be good, does anyone have the track design?

Profile photo of

Wow what a holiday that would be. Imagine if they built one on Ibiza!!!!

Profile photo of NickV

Track map here: http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/01452

Looks a bit too slow and twisty to me

Profile photo of

The track looks a bit too complicated but it does have the big straightaway. Mallorca itself is a great place… I was just there this past summer but I was on the Eastern side where it’s mostly German populated. Great scenaries, great food, great hospitality and great hosts. If they do build one there I would go for sure to watch an F1 race.

Profile photo of ajokay

Spain doesn’t need another Grade 1 track…

Profile photo of djdaveyp85

Looks pretty similar to barcelona! Pah.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys

The designer has since said that he’s consulted with Ferrari and incorporated some changed they suggested.

Personally, I very much doubt this will happen unless Barcelona and Valencia fall off the calendar. We don’t want a MotoGP situation, with four taces in Spain on a regular basis.

Profile photo of Calum

If the Hungoraring subsided and warped majorly – it would end up looking like that… maybe.

Profile photo of sw6569

I can’t see this happening as it doesn’t really make commercial sense to have a grand prix in Mallorca. However, I can imagine that the event would be fantastic and I actually quite like that circuit map.

Profile photo of Icthyes

Please replace Barcelona with this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.