1. Vettel – People said he’d be shown when he had to fight ‘equal cars’. He is showing those people differently.
2. Raikkonen – You never see how he does it, but he’s always there to pick up the big points.
3. Hamilton – Hard to judge the Mercedes’ pace, but he seems to do a very solid job.
4. Alonso – He’s not doing a bad job, but with the Ferrari’s more obvious pace, the expectations he talked himself into are higher.
5. Rosberg – Incredibly unlucky, but on pace he’s certainy keeping Hamilton more honest than some had thought.
6. Hulkenberg – Doing a great job considering the car he has.
7. Massa – He doesn’t quite have the race pace he’s had in the last race of ’12, but he has also been unlucky. Great to see him back in qualifying.
8. Sutil – Good pace, bad luck.
9. Di Resta – On par with Sutil, but more lucky.
10. Webber – Has been better at creating scenes than performing on track.
11. Grosjean – Like Webber, pretty invisible compared to his team mate.
12. Button – Even considering that the McLaren is not on par, I had expected more of him.
13. Bianchi – Best of the backmarkers by a margin.
14. Perez – Had expected much much more from him. Bahrain gained him 4 spots on my list, but he can easily drop back.
15. Ricciardo – Good peaks, but otherwise pretty anonymous.
16. Bottas – Very impressive against Maldonado as a rookie.
17. Vergne – Decent but anonymous.
18. Pic – Hard to judge, but seems to put in a decent performance.
19. Maldonado – Cleaner, but utterly unimpressive.
20. Garde – Slower than Pic but visibly improving. Result in Bahrain skewed by update for Pic.
21. Chilton – Very unimpressive, even for a rookie.
22. Gutierrez – Possibly worst pay driver in a long time.