2013 F1 nations championship
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
11th February 2013, 18:21 at 6:21 pm
So, we’ve had this thread for engines, but here is a new topic. Which country will score the most points in the national battle of the 2013 F1 season?
Great Britain has four representatives, Germany and France have three; Finland, Australia, Brazil and Mexico all have two each. The remaining three drivers of the field are all from a different country each.
Paul di Resta
The remaining three drivers are from either Spain (Alonso), Venezuela (Maldonado), Netherlands (Van der Garde) and represent their respective nations by themselves.
Therefore — which country will score the most points in 2013?
11th February 2013, 18:33 at 6:33 pmParticipant
I reckon this will be about it:
11th February 2013, 18:35 at 6:35 pm
Most of your list seems reasonable, but I’d say that Finland and Mexico are very close and could certainly be swapped. Also, I doubt that Australia will beat Spain (Alonso).
11th February 2013, 18:43 at 6:43 pmParticipant
Germany or GB for the first place
11th February 2013, 18:47 at 6:47 pmParticipant
My list based on @mathers
11th February 2013, 19:26 at 7:26 pmParticipant
This has been on my mind for a while and Germany scored the most points of any country every year since 2008 so Germany is a safe bet for the country with the most points. My list would be like @sigman1998 although I can imagine it being very close between France and Australia and possibly also between Mexico and Spain but I’m expecting that to be the order by the end of the season.
11th February 2013, 19:43 at 7:43 pmParticipant
11th February 2013, 19:52 at 7:52 pmParticipant
Japa… -oh. :(
11th February 2013, 22:45 at 10:45 pm
I have to say; Finland, Mexico, Spain and perhaps Australia are going to be mighty close.
Here’s my best bet:
2. Great Britain
12th February 2013, 15:50 at 3:50 pm
What was the result in 2012?
12th February 2013, 18:38 at 6:38 pm
2012 Final Standings:
#. Nation – points
1. Germany – 486
2. Great Britain – 424
3. Spain – 278
4. Finland – 207
5. Australia – 189
6. Brazil – 153
7. France – 112
8. Mexico – 66
9. Japan – 60
10. Venezuela – 45
11. Russia – Best 11th
12. Belgium – Best 13th
13. India – Best 15th
12th February 2013, 21:22 at 9:22 pmParticipant
Should be Germany – Vettel is likely to be very much in the title fight again, and I expect both Nicos to fight for podiums and perhaps win a race at some point.
13th February 2013, 0:07 at 12:07 amParticipant
It will be between Spain, Britain and Germany I can ensure that much. Spain only if Alonso dominates the season, otherwise surely between Britain and Germany.
13th February 2013, 12:56 at 12:56 pmParticipant
I’m going with:
Germany – Vettel will be in the championship hunt, and I expect the Nico’s to be challenging for podiums.
Great Britain – Button should score most of the points, with Lewis chipping in with podiums and maybe a race win. A podium or two for PdR would be nice too.
Finland – I expect Kimi to have a strong season. A number of wins and podiums to come close to the championship. Bottas may live up to the hype, but I’m not counting my chickens yet!
Spain – You can never write Fernando off! I expect him to be close to Kimi.
Mexico – I think Perez will score well, but I don’t think he’s a championship contender just yet. Gutiérrez may add a decent haul too.
Australia – I think Webber will be the nearly man again this year! I think it’ll be his last year at RBR too. Riccardo will be under pressure to get points too!
France – Grosjean just has to do better in 2013! Vergne needs to score some points this season!
Brazil – I expect Massa to struggle again to begin with. I hope I’m wrong ’cause he’s a nice guy!
Venezuela – Pastor should score some decent points. I don’t expect a repeat of 2012’s race win though.
Netherland – “nul points”
14th February 2013, 12:35 at 12:35 pmParticipant
I reckon it’s going to be:
1. Great Britain – partly out of patriotic pride, partly because I have a niggling feeling that this is Button’s year and partly because I think Hamilton will do better than his detractors think
2. Germany – because of Vettel, obviously
3. Finland – Close one between Finland and Spain, but I think Raikannon will do very well and I’m hoping Bottas will prove to be amazing. Also, I’m forlornly clinging onto the idea that Williams is about to reveal a 2013 car that will blow everyone else out of the water as I do every year
4. Spain – Wouldn’t put it past him to win the whole thing, tbh, but I’m conservatively placing him, and Spain, fourth.
5. Brazil – I think Massa is going to have somewhat of a renaissance in 2013
6. Australia – Following the pattern of the last few seasons, Webber will show sparks of brilliance in a few races and then be underwhelming for the rest of it.
7. Mexico – Perez will probably score a decent amount of podiums, and Gutierrez is in with a shot of winning some points
8. France – Grosjean will probably do decently, although he has the potential to do amazingly. Vergne might get at least a few points and Pic will get 1 point, if he’s lucky.
9. Venezuela – Maybe a podium or two for Maldanardo if he doesn’t kill someone first
10. Netherlands – Van der Garde might score some points if everyone else on the grid dies in a freak accident. And even then it’s unlikely.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.