• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 8 hours, 25 minutes ago

F1 discussion

2014 V6 engine change

This topic contains 19 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jeff Dover Jeff Dover 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

They will be significantly slower and less reliable than the current formula.

Yes, they’ll be slower, but less reliable, in the 21st century where there was a race in spain in which all cars on the grid finished?

As a Canadian once sang:

Forget about your silly whim, it doesn’t fit the plan!

If I’m right, though, then the FIA could be pressured to put even more of what some commenters (sort of) call artificial overtaking devices, which will proably only be bad for the World Championship..

Profile photo of fangio85
    fangio85
    Participant

Brand new engines that are so different to the engines used since 2006 are bound to be less reliable, especially since they are turbo charged and have much more complicated energy recovery systems. Remember how much trouble red bull have had with their kers systems, despite the continuity in those regulations. I’m not just expecting less reliability, I’m counting on it. It will be one factor of many that will make next year very interesting. I can’t wait! :D

Profile photo of Jeff Dover
    Jeff Dover
    Participant

What is the FIA doing any of this for? What do they care how much fuel is used? Sounds like they’re trying to create NASCAR out of F1!

Profile photo of George
    George
    Participant

@jefdov They’re doing it mainly to keep the engine manufacturers interested, there’s not much call for n/a v8’s in road cars these days

Profile photo of Jeff Dover
    Jeff Dover
    Participant

Thanks, George. That makes sense.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.