F1

2015 F1 car liveries

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Broke84
    Participant

HJopefully this isn’t a repeat post. Does anyone have any thoughts or leaked images of car liveries for 2015?

Anonymous
    Inactive

With so much blank space and few big sponsors about, I guess we’ll see a lot of primary colours and diagonal stripes! McLaren might go for a lot more red than before, lined by black and white … kinda like this: http://www.honda.co.uk/racing/_assets/images/btcc-civic-tourer.png

At this stage, perhaps a bit early to know what many 2015 colour schemes might be. Really hoping Caterham green will be among them!

AMR
    Participant

I think it’ll be a while before we see any official liveries surface. In the meantime, lots of freelancers do mock-ups of possible team liveries, some of which look fantastic. Tim Holmes is by far my favourite for this!

http://www.tim-holmes.com/

Theo Parkinson
    Participant

I wish Mclaren went with white and Red but I expect them to substitute their chrome for the racing colour of Japan white, so they’ll have a Black and white Livery.

AMR
    Participant

They could do the colours of the rising sun! :D

sam3110
    Participant

What I would love to see:

Mercedes
    Exactly the same, the brushed silver, Petronas green and black/carbon works so well

Williams
    Exactly the same, but with another sponsor on the sidepod as it looks a little bare

Red Bull
    Please drop the purple of infiniti or the racing stripes, it’s too busy

McLaren
    A white car with bold red sidepods and black details, like a mix of old McLarens and Hondas, would be perfect. Santander headline sponsor too please.

Ferrari
    BLACK WINGS PLEASE

Force India
    Add more orange and green to the engine cover, drop the stupid red of Claro on a black background

Toro Rosso
    Drop the red bull on the sidepod, use more red or gold to differentiate from Red Bull more, I’d love to see gold front and rear wings but it may be viewed as a bit over the top

Lotus
    Black car, THIN GOLD pinstripes like JPS

Or

Get a new title sponsor, and completely change it up, I liked the yellow and black livery personally from the Renault days

Sauber
    Please drop the boring corporate grey, white and red, I’d love to see a completely different colour car with an exciting new sponsor

Caterham
    Green, proper sponsors, white and light green from the logo to be incorporated too.

On a side note, the colours of EE, the telecommunications brand, would be epic on a car in F1

Nic Morley
    Participant

This is what I want to see :)

Mercedes
    Get rid of that dash of black on the engine cover, looks too busy. Change back to 2011 livery.

RedBull
    Get rid of the purple, I agree it looks way to busy. A return to the 2010 livery would be nice.

Williams
    Keep it as it is, however put a sponsor on the sidepod as it looks to bare.

Ferrari
    Get rid of the black they added on the side pods/engine cover. Make it more red and get rid of the white wings. Either red or black wings would be cool.

Mclaren
    New era so remove the chrome/silver. A white, red and black car would look cool.

Force India
    Remove that horrible black, it looks terrible honestly. Make it mainly orange with white side pods, and trimmings of green.

Toro Rosso
    Return to the 2006-2008 livery. The painted bull looked awesome.

Lotus
    Perhaps a change from the JPS style livery. Besides it’s not even that anymore with all the red added in. Something fresh would be nice. Maybe that could go for an inspired Gold Leaf lotus?

Sauber
    Move away from the grey, honestly. I would like to see a return to mainly white, but Williams are that now. So perhaps something new and colourful.

Caterham
    Keep it how it is, but have some nice sponsors.

All in all I want to see a colourful 2915 grid. In 2014 we had fivegreyish/black teams (Merc, Mclaren, Sauber, Lotus, Force India). It was very dull in my opinion. I would love to see something like what we had in 2000 to 2001. Back then we had…

Red Ferrari
    Silver Mclaren
    White and blue Williams
    Yellow Jordan
    Light blue Benneton
    Dark blue Prost
    Green Jaguar
    Orange Arrows
    Blue and aqua Sauber
    Black Minardi
    White BAR

Sri Harsha
    Participant

@robocat
    All in all I want to see a colourful 2915 grid
    you surely mean 2015 isn’t it

Nic Morley
    Participant

No, I’m hanging out until 2915 where we will see a very colourful grid ;)

Broke84
    Participant

I agree with you guys about the dull colours, it would be nice to return to a more colourful grid. I’m pretty bored with the Lotus livery now and I still find the use of the Lotus name strange considering they severed the ties with the lotus brand, I also don’t like the use of the tobacco livery even if the colours are nice, that includes Ferrari’s half malboro packet on the team logo.

I think the Mclaren livery is the one to wait for, I wonder if the deal will include any motogp sponsorship, could we see Repsol on the car being a spanish company?

Bullfrog
    Participant

If Ron’s just increased his stake in McLaren, the cars will be grey. Like Eric Boullier’s hair by the end of the season.

Looking forward to seeing the Martini Williams without an unfortunate nose. I like the clean design at the moment – why does it have to be plastered with logos?

I agree the Lotus design has lost its impact, like the McLaren chrome or Red Bull. Still good-looking colours though. Maybe they should paint it yellow, that would stand out. I never liked the old Camel Lotus because it took away the original JPS colours, but they were easy cars to spot towards the back of the field…

Giggsy11
    Participant

I miss the early 2000’s liveries where we had the Light blue Benetton/Renaults, the yellow Jordans, the Orange Arrrows, Green Jags, royal blue Saubers. But we are nearly there with the current grid, we just need a few yellows and light blues here and there and we have an awesome looking grid. Besides it cant get much worse than 2007 right?

Neusalz
    Participant

To start off, I think we need a big healthy grid to shake things up and a lot more sponsors. Williams, a team that finished 3rd, hardly has any sponsors to the point where they almost look poor. I do feel 2015 will bring us some cracking liveries, with McLaren Honda replacing the Vodafone era and hopefully a few more radical changes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Interesting that many on this thread have made comments about wanting to see more sponsors. I’m sure the teams would like this too!

Also interesting that Bernie has lured Rolex, Johnnie Walker and Emirates as F1 official sponsors … names that should be on the cars themselves.

ForzaAlanRabbit
    Participant

I want mclaren to go to red and white and lotus should just do something different. Even though I can’t say I care for the FI livery it’s still better than the 2009 to 2013 livery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.