F1

2015 F1 Liveries

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    3Dom Wraps
    Participant

Obviously everyone knows that Honda are coming back to supply McLaren next year, and this year Martini came back to sponsor Williams, resulting in a gorgeous livery design.

SO, what do you think the possibility is of McLaren adopting the classic, iconic Red and White colours from their last Honda partnership?

The colours, along with a load of the old liveries, look awesome on modern cars: http://letsrace.co.uk/blog/blogs/2014/february/f1-liveries/

matt90
    Participant

As it was a Marlboro livery, unlikely. If they finally get the main sponsor they’ve been going on about, I imagine that company would want something with its own identity.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

McLaren should go Honda white – old McLaren ran those colours for the movie ‘Grand Prix’, in 1966, as it was its first season and this was in effect a sponsorship deal. But Ron’s McLaren seem to like the Silver that it wore since 1997 with its Mercedes partnership.

Deej92
    Participant

I also thought the silver and chrome McLarens were down to the Mercedes partnership, but they weren’t (remember Marlboro McLaren Mercedes?). Silver was because of West and chrome was because of AkzoNobel and wanting to show their sponsors better.

For next year, white is obviously a real possibility with Honda, but I also wouldn’t be surprised to see them stick with chrome. Their secondary colour obviously depends on the title/main sponsor (if they get one that is). So I’ll say it’ll be a chrome and [sponsor’s colours] livery.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unless Honda are putting in sponsorship money into McLaren, I don’t see why McLaren would adopt Honda colours. There seems no sign of a title sponsor coming on board with McLaren, and it seems they like to stay with the same colour scheme for many years unless a title sponsor’s colours were much different.

McLaren’s colours since 1997 have always looked great, but the absence of red on the silver/black/chrome livery has made this year’s colour scheme look really drab – like a battleship, or submarine, or even HGV!

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

I like this concept livery for McLaren: Blend of new, old, and very old:

Source: http://wtf1.co.uk/mclaren-honda-concept/

McLaren 2015 Livery Concept

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

I reckon the McLaren will have the rising sun (from the Japan Flag) on their sidepods like Honda in their past F1 years. If it is there, I doubt there be any orange on the livery whatsoever because I think orange would go better with a blue or black colour combo. Either way, I can’t wait to see it!

Dan
    Participant

That picture of a McLaren in that livery is cool, I really like it. Its a shame they wont go with anything like that though next year as it looks to similar to a Force India

matt90
    Participant

Reminds me of Spyker. And much though I love their road and GT cars, their foray into F1 was not great.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Is that a number 1 on the rear wing? That’s a bit optimistic.
    Or do the designers know something we don’t?

Maybe they’d have Earthdreams (the 2008 version of which being F1’s best livery ever, and the 2007 version the worst).

As for Marlboro: Not a chance (at least not without making the car not look like a Marlboro box….)

Orange won’t be bad….

Deej92
    Participant

I’m with you David not Coulthard. The 2008 Earthdreams livery was slated, but for some reason I really liked it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

So many teams without sponsors mean they are having to come up with other ways to fill up empty bodywork space. Will things be any different in 2015? I can’t see it. I can’t believe Bernie is funnelling off sponsors to back F1 as a whole rather than leaving them with teams – Emirates as a trackside sponsor rather than with McLaren, Rolex as official timer + pitlane sponsor, and I hear Johnnie Walker is becoming an overall F1 sponsor, not sure if that means its McLaren sponsorship is ending?

Does Bernie’s greed never end?!

Calum
    Participant

I hope the Mclaren-Honda is an Earth Car!

I see no reason why it ever would be but I hope nevertheless! :D

Piotr Koteryl
    Participant

Just a thought…if Alonso goes to McLaren, it’s quite likely he’ll be bringing some Santander sponsorship. Now I know that it is highly unlikely that Santander will become title sponsors for McLaren, but they may have some sway in the design of the McLaren livery.

As Santander’s colours are white and red, and so are the racing colours of Honda, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that we might see something along those lines yet…

What do you all think?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.