F1

Adrian Newey facts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Enigma
    Participant

Just recently I discovered a twitter account @neweyfacts that tweets some hillarious things.

Adrian Newey has so much downforce he can walk on the ceiling.

Adrian Newey designed the iPhone 4 while trying to make a calculator in 1980.

Adrian Newey only owns two pairs of shoes. He calls them his Primes and Options.

Planes can’t take off with Newey on board. He’s got too much downforce.

Adrian Newey discovered a cure for cancer… but it was worth less than a tenth of a second per lap.

Any other fun facts?

Icthyes
    Participant

Those are horribly good…

Newey has so much downforce that once when he did a somersault, a gust of air caught him when upside-down and he flew across the Atlantic.

Newey doesn’t have a doorbell; he doesn’t like using magic buttons. (This one was so much worse when I first thought of it!)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Newey once broke his neck. He can now turn his head a full 360deg as he had his spine replaced by a pull-rod suspension system!

Ciaran
    Participant

Adrian Newey has not had a single drink since the refuelling ban.

Adrian Newey can walk on water.He once made an entire F1 car from five loaves and two fishes.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

When I caught a mouse using nothing more than my wits, a curtain and a roasting pan, I called it a MacGyver.

When MacGyver catches a mouse using nothing more than his wits, a toothpick and a gum wrapper, he calls it a Newey.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

If Adrian Newey wore a skirt, he would produce ground effect.

Anonymous
    Inactive

when Newey walks, he keeps his mouth open to walk faster = F-Duct!!

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Newey’s bones are made of carbon fibre

Newey has specially designed shoes to keep him closer to the ground when he’s in a hurry

Whenever Newey spills a drink, the liquid ignites when it comes into contact with his skin

If Newey stands still for more than a few seconds, he begins to overheat

Red Bull Racing’s supercomputer is a genetically engineered replica of Newey’s brain

Newey has had plastic surgery on his nose 15 times to optimise it’s aerodynamic efficiency

Icthyes
    Participant

Adrian Newey occasionally gets the right mixture of shirt, tie, trousers, and shoes to make him the fastest dancer at the Grand Prix ball, but then a button comes off and he’s forced to retire for the night.

Casanova
    Participant

Adrian Newey is completely stripped down to his component parts and rebuilt between each race weekend. He usually turns up to every race with a specially customised nose.

Adrian Newey has so much natural grip it is impossible for him to go ice-skating.

electrolite
    Participant

Adrian Newey’s active ride height system allows him to get closer to the ground the less drink or food he has consumed.

Sorry it had to be done. I don’t really believe that old RBR theory :P

Ratboy
    Keymaster

Neither egg nor chicken was first, Adrian Newey was

Adrian Newey doesn’t bend down, he adjusts his ride height

are my two favourites

Adrian Newey doesn’t bend down, he adjusts his ride height

That’s great!

Pionir
    Participant

If you’re on twitter you should check out the tedkravitzfacts:

http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23tedkravitzfacts

TomD11
    Participant

Haha these are great:

Ted Kravitz has the ability to interview anyone within a 14 mile radius

Ted Kravitz’s middle name is ‘V12’

Ted Kravitz originally set the fastest lap of 2:51:00 around the Nordeschleife but it was disallowed as he ran on foot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.