F1

Adrian Newey and Red Bull podiums

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

So this has been bothering me for a while. Every time Red Bull wins a grand prix, Newey goes to the podium to receive the award for the constructors. Even though Christian Horner is the team principle…seems like every other team sends the team principle out there. I know for a fact it’s Martin Whitmarsh at McLaren and Boullier for Lotus.

Anyone know why this is? Is Newey just that big in the sport that he takes precedence over the team principle?

mnmracer
    Participant

Every time?

raymondu999
    Participant

@discretion They rotate. He’s been up there something like 2 or 3 times IIRC.

Perhaps @mnmracer with stats right up his alley can supply the actual figure?

Alex
    Participant

Hm I hadn’t noticed the rotation. And Newey did go up there twice in a row so I assumed it was every time. But I guess they rotate. McLaren doesn’t do the same thing, do they?

mnmracer
    Participant

@raymondu999 @discretion
    Well, these are not stats I keep record of, but I’m a good researcher :D
    For 2012:
    Bahrain – Christian Horner
    Monaco – Adrian Newey
    Silverstone – Webber’s engineer Ciaron Pilbeam
    Singapore – front-end mechanic Ole Schack
    Japan – Christian Horner
    Korea – Adrian Newey
    India – team manager Jonathan Wheatley

raymondu999
    Participant

@discretion All teams do the same thing. Generally the first win of the year is the team principal, without question. Monaco too, generally, though they made an exception as @mnmracer shows.

mnmracer
    Participant

Not gonna bother with all the teams’ first wins of the year, but as for Monaco:
    2010, 2011: Christian Horner
    2009: Nick Fry
    2007, 2008: Ron Dennis

DaveF1
    Participant

Why doesn’t Rocky get on the podium more often, he seems to have the toughest job of all the Red Bull team.
    I’m mean how on earth do you get Sebastian Vettel to slow down?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.