F1

Alex Rossi's F1 Future

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adam Blocker
    Participant

After today’s Indy 500 result I am confident that Rossi will get a second go at F1, hopefully for Haas in 2017. What do you guys think? Will Manor give him a ride at the end of this season? Will he ever get a shot with a competitive team in F1?

Christopher Rehn
    Participant

Yes, Rossi should surely be given a chance at Haas in 2017. It depends on Grosjean and Gutierrez though. Kimi may very well stay at Ferrari in 2017, so Romain may move to Renault in order to replace Palmer.

JackySteeg
    Participant

Haas would be mad not to hire him for next year. Alex Rossi is now an exceptionally rare American driver who has both the knowledge of Formula 1 and European-based racing, as well the profile in his homeland (I presume so, at least). If there was ever an opportunity for Formula 1 to finally crack America, this is it.

Adam Blocker
    Participant

@jackysteeg This is pretty much what I am thinking.

Very few Americans had heard of him before this weekend, only avid F1/IndyCar fans really had. Now he has been on SportsCenter, will appear on national talk shows, and is being mentioned on local TV and radio stations across the country. His win has really given him the name recognition and fan base that he needed. I was thinking about it from the perspective of an American cracking Formula 1 for the first time in ages, but it is true that this is a good opportunity for Formula 1 to crack America too.

Placid
    Participant

Rossi worked his heart and soul to become an F1 driver. But it is just politics on who will have the big bucks. Now Rio’s season could be in jeopardy.

Manor and Haas are the good team candidates where he can secure a seat. But John Booth was the brain that gave Rossi 5 races last year. I would say to finish out with Manor and see if Booth can persuade Mateschwitz and Franz Tost to go outside the Red Bull box and get Rossi a seat. With all the turmoil that is going on at Red Bull and with Scuderia Toro Rosso, we feel that John may have Alex as their 2nd driver in 2017.

STR took 11 years from being a back marker to a possible front runner.

Rossi’s turning point was not at the Indy Oval. It was at the Indy road course. Rossi was enroute to secure a maiden Top 5 finish until he got caught with speed limitations on the track that dropped him to 10th. Then it came after being bumped from the fast 9. This win has given him a special boost for his chances to get back in the F1 paddock and the teams are put on notice.

@placid Booth is not with the Manor F1 team now.

PorscheF1
    Participant

I don’t think he deserves it really. For me he is on the edge of almost F1 worthy. Sure, he’s better than GUT for Haas but there’s plenty of others in GP2 that would be even better. This Indy 500 win will do him good in America and give him some fame here too but not it wasn’t an almighty display of talent, much like Hulkenbergs Le Mans win doesn’t make him more eligible for the Ferrari seat.

In the end Rossi should look at a more competitive seat in IndyCar but I believe his F1 chances are over, unless Haas brings him in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.