Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 1 hour, 58 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Alonso, Hamilton & Vettel – The most complete…

This topic contains 69 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kingshark Kingshark 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of xjr15jaaag
    xjr15jaaag
    Participant

How about we stop this bickering and encourage them all to enter the Paris-Bercy kart race?
    (I personally consider Vettel to be the best, but I want to see for myself)

Profile photo of Asanator
    Asanator
    Participant

‘How about we stop this bickering and encourage them all to enter the Paris-Bercy kart race?’

Haha, I fear all that would do is start more rows when Schumacher and Button Dominate!

Profile photo of raymondu999
    raymondu999
    Participant

Nonsense. Nrain would have them all :P

Profile photo of mnmracer
    mnmracer
    Participant

Saying Vettel needs to face Button to ‘prove’ himself, because Webber is not good enough, is a joke. Before stepping into a top car, both have shown pretty equal skills (with Webber clearly being a superior qualifier). There is no doubt in my mind that Webber would have also taken that Brawn to the title.

Now if we could only see Narain next to Vettel, that’d be fireworks!

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

@mnmracer
    For some reason Webber has not been able to take the fight to Vettel with the EBD or the DDRS. I was routing for him at the start of the season as he has suffered quite a few indignities at RB. Unfortunately we are seeing a repeat of 2011. IMO Mark is not such a slow driver…

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

@freelittlebirds – Indeed, Webber isn’t slow, but has been beaten for 4 years consecutively in the same car as Seb. He is no worse a driver to prove yourself against than Button.

Profile photo of Kingshark
    Kingshark
    Participant

@David-A

He (Webber) is no worse a driver to prove yourself against than Button.

And that includes the fact that Hamilton was actually beaten by Button last year.

People really need to give Narain a lot more credit too. The guy is one hell of a driver. Every time Vettel/Alonso overtake him, maybe 10 laps later he magically appears in front of them again! The man drives that HRT faster than the human eye can blink!

Profile photo of mnmracer
    mnmracer
    Participant

And that includes the fact that Hamilton was actually beaten by Button last year.

Question is, is that more telling about Hamilton or about Vettel?
    Button did amazing last year, but I think it had more to do with Lewis’ inconsistency than Button’s out-right speed. If Vettel didn’t have consistency, Webber would have also beat him in ’10 and possibly this year.

raymondu999
    Participant

While we’re poking fun at Karthikeyan, I think it’s actually not really fair to be honest. This is F1 – and the gaps are tiny in terms of speed between drivers. An average human blink takes 4 tenths, and that’s the difference between generally topping Q2 and not making the Q3 cut. That’s how close F1 is right now. Karthikeyan IMO would still be a frontrunner if you put him in, say – GP3 or GP2.

We give him a lot of stick and admittedly, he’s probably not in the Top 20 F1 drivers right now – but that isn’t saying much. He’d still kick our asses by several seconds over a lap, and probably like I said be a good GP3 runner

I don’t think he can take it to someone like an Alonso, Hamilton or Vettel, but he’s a decent driver. He’s on average something like 8 tenths slower than de la Rosa in qualifying, to memory – but that’s two blinks of the human eye.

It took you at the very least 2 or 3 times longer to read this post than the speed difference (over a lap) between Karthikeyan and the 3 drivers that are the subject of this thread. And that’s a conservative estimate

@mnmracer when was Button ever going to beat Lewis on speed? Button was always going to beat him through the stint management and tyre preservation card, as well as the play-it-smart card.

Kingshark
    Participant

when was Button ever going to beat Lewis on speed? Button was always going to beat him through the stint management and tyre preservation card, as well as the play-it-smart card.

Nobody is talking about raw speed. Button beat Lewis last season because he was the more consistent and smarter driver. Nothing more.

Question is, is that more telling about Hamilton or about Vettel?

Hamilton. When the car isn’t as good as he wants it to be, all too often he lets his patience slip and has a long lasting brain-fade that leads to mistake after mistake. He cannot control his frustration.

Hence why he is the least consistent of the trio.

raymondu999
    Participant

@Kingshark

Nobody is talking about raw speed. Button beat Lewis last season because he was the more consistent and smarter driver. Nothing more.

I was responding to @mnmracer ‘s comment

than Button’s out-right speed
    And so I talked about Button never beating him on speed.

Kingshark
    Participant

Never mind, my mistake and apologies.

About Vettel; Webber would beat him over a seasons course and probably win the championship if every round was held on only 3 circuits – Barcelona, Nurburgring and Interlagos.

raymondu999
    Participant

@Kingshark I’d add Silverstone to that list, and Monaco.

Profile photo of moussa
    moussa

Here’s my question who is the most entertaining racer?

1- Lewis
    2-Alonso
    3-vettel

Just watch gp2 Turkish Gp 2006 and u will find out ;)

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Vettel is entertaining when he’s not in front so hopefully we can put him in a slower car and enjoy his antics a little more.

Alonso is nice to watch because of his sheer skill and I can never get enough of a red Ferrari:-)

I have to say I enjoy Raikonnen quite a bit especially when he’s mixing it up with Lewis.

I agree the #1 entertaining driver is of course Lewis.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.