F1

Alonso team radio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Gino Felicetti
    Participant

Hello all,
    Just joined……….so a big hello to all.
    I was recruited by the FOM for the monotoring of Alonso/Stella team radio in Italian for the Italian GP. As I am bilingual and worked for the FOM some years ago, it was decided to see if we could get some Alonso team radio out with me giving the prduction crew a quick translation of what was being said. So I was responsible for the Genius/idiot gate, with some very slick work from the production crew at FOM: from me hearing the message to it going on air it only took 40 seconds!
    So, if you all enjoyed having more Alonso team radio get onto FOM for more with a possible view to having subtitles in English………………hope it made a difference to the race and yes, I would love to do more GPs…………..bye

Webbo
    Participant

Thanks for the good job over the weekend – I’m very jealous though!
    Thanks also for joining here.

MuzzleFlash
    Participant

Are you allowed to talk about this stuff?

Boris
    Participant

What an amazing job!! So did he say genius or did he say idiot ;-)

Gino Felicetti
    Participant

Thanks

Gino Felicetti
    Participant

HE SAID GENIUS

Gino Felicetti
    Participant

TRANSLATION… So we`ll let him through then. You`re really geniuses, really, mamma mia guys…….

Gino Felicetti
    Participant

Allowed to talk about this? We should, its all to our benefit.

Roald
    Participant

All radio messages should be subtitled. They’re delayed anyway so I don’t see why that shouldn’t be possible. It’s pretty hard to make out what drivers are saying sometimes, especially when your first language isn’t English.

MuzzleFlash
    Participant

Alright, just checking. FOM are probably less protective and concerned with confidentiality than other entities within the sport. Most of us just play it safe and don’t talk about what we do even in general terms.

It’s great that FOM took the initiative to hire you though, should definitely be a more permanent fixture and subtitles would be great.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.