F1

Alonso think Ricciardo is currently the best F1 driver

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Sampaio
    Participant

I came across this piece of news of portuguese Autosport (http://www.autosport.pt/formula1/f1/f1-daniel-ricciardo-e-o-melhor-piloto-da-atual-formula-1-aos-olhos-de-fernando-alonso/). Interesting, I would think Alonso would “vote” for himself, as many other people do. Here’s the translation:

Third in the drivers’ championship, behind the duo of Mercedes, Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton, the good form of Daniel Ricciardo has not passed alongside their peers. Fernando Alonso, for example, describes the Australian as “the best driver of the current Formula 1”, citing his approach and commitment as reasons for success.

“I would say Ricciardo because of the way he approaches the race. He is always very committed to everything he does. On track you don’t see any errors when you are with him. And in overtaking maneuvers is probably the best driver. When he is committed to overtaking, it reaches the desired results 99% of the time. ”

Alonso also highlighted the year 2014, in which Ricciardo was promoted from Toro Rosso to Red Bull and had the first and only time in his career as teammate then world champion Sebastian Vettel, winning three races against zero from the German.

“Obviously, in 2014, together with Vettel, it was a fantastic performance, showing to be ahead of his team-mate in all aspects – in driving, the approach when moving off, the pit stops and when overtaking. He was beating Sebastian so easily, so I have to say that today it would be my choice for best driver, “concluded the Spaniard.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fernando is a very astute individual !!!
    I am sure he thinks he will hold his own in the same car as Dan though, and I would love to see that one!!

That WOULD be the best driver combo on the grid!

PorscheF1
    Participant

I guess Alonso cannot resist the temptation to take a stab at Vettel whenever he can. It’s the same when Vettel was winning and he could not stop praising Hamilton.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.