• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 3 hours, 46 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Alternative history: the 2010 championship without misfortune

This topic contains 22 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of David-A David-A 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    mnmracer
    Participant

I do not count tactical decission, because they can either turn out good or bad. Misfortune are things out of your control. That’s also stated in the intro ;)

paulgilb
    Participant

A great read!

Anonymous

@pamphlet
    “So even in his strongest year, Webber still had to (mostly) rely on luck to get as far as he did.”

Why do you call it luck?? I see it as consistency and cool headed! Engine failures can´t be controlled but crashing into your teammate could´ve been avoided… Anyways… it´s your opinion… but i find it funny that Vettel losing out on those points is bad luck according to you but, if Webber misses out on those points it´s because he is a poor driver…. funny isn´t it!

Slr
    Participant

With Vettel in 2010, the incidents which were his fault wern’t bad luck, but when he beats Webber despite the incidents he had, it doesn’t look good on Webber. 2011 for me showed the true difference between the two drivers, it showed to me that Vettel is clearly in another class to Mark Webber.

matt90
    Participant

Exactly, Webber wouldn’t have been near Vettel come the final race had they both had good reliability. Vettel didn’t do anything to endear himself to me that year, but he certainly deserved it in spite of his two rather large errors.

paulgilb
    Participant

There seem to be a few instances of drivers being credited with their actual finishing position in spite of a driver ahead of them being ‘reinstated’ – Webber and Hamilton in AUS, Button in ESP and HUN, and Alonso in TUR. Also, you seem to have credited Button with 5th in Korea, when his failure to score was (I believe) his own ‘doing’.

By my calculations, one ends up with:

Vettel 319
    Hamilton 255
    Webber 248
    Alonso 231
    Button 221

Looking forward to the other years!

ME4ME
    Participant

thanks for the writeup. I share your oppinion on most of it. Vettel definitly deserved that championship. Also Hamilton did quite good, better than his results showed.

David-A
    Participant

Engine failures can´t be controlled

Which is why it’s considered bad luck to suffer an engine failure.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.