F1

An idea for Bahrain

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kingshark
    Participant

The most common complaints from F1 fans nowadays is how Tilke is designing boring, unoriginal tracks. Perhaps the most criticezed of his tracks is Bahrain, the one circuit that produced an absolute snoozefest two years ago.

What do you guys think about this re-creation to make Bahrain more original and quite cool? :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/Bahrain_International_Circuit–Outer_Circuit.svg/500px-Bahrain_International_Circuit–Outer_Circuit.svg.png

All those stupid corners in the middle sector are gone, just a fast flowing, great looking circuit.

raymondu999
    Participant

To be perfectly honest I think Bahrain isn’t too bad. Last year Bahrain was a snoozefest, but most people weren’t daring to take many risks as they needed data to see how to handle the 2010 Bridgestones, full fuel loads, etc.

In the past Bahrain has never been an overtaking fest; but it has never been a snoozefest IMO.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thats what they call the Outer Circuit. It’s already in place. Don’t know if it’s ever been used for any race series yet though.

JPQuesado
    Participant

@ajokay I think they’ve already used it for some endurance races.

TrueF1Grit

I don’t think the Bahrain layout is that bad, it’s just where it is on the calendar, being the first race is never easy, but then again, compare the start of 2010 with 2008 at Albert Park and there’s a considerable difference.

The circuit you’ve proposed has no challenge in my opinion, the fastest cars will win, I like to see an F1 car driven flat out around fast corners, such as the final two corners of the second sector (Or are they the first two of the third sector).

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

All those stupid corners in the middle sector are gone, just a fast flowing, great looking circuit.

Ten bucks says that if it happens, the fans will hate it even more.

Andrew81
    Participant

It would certainly make it a unique venue on the calendar if they did this. According to my estimations, the lap time would be about 55-60 seconds and the race would need to be about 87 laps. With overtaking opportunities at T1 and T4 and possibly the last corner, and then DRS as well, I think it could be quite interesting!

Kingshark
    Participant

Ten bucks says that if it happens, the fans will hate it even more.

After some thought, I second that. Many F1 fans are never happy, no matter how hard Hermann tries. :/

GeeMac
    Participant

Ther was nothing wrong with the original layout, if we go back to Bahrain they should (and I believe the plan was that they were going to) use that one.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

The extended layout was used in 2010 to “celebrate” the sport’s 60th anniversary. Exactly how this was a celebration remains unclear; its a bit like celebrating your birthday by eating a live spider. Even Hermann Tilke was against it, saying that the extended layout was never meant for Formula 1 (I think he added it for sports cars, to allow large grids more chance to spread out during racing). But the plan was always to go back to the original layout for 2010.

I don’t think the perimeter circuit is particularly great; like I said earlier, I think people will hate it if it gets used. Likewise the “paddock circuit”. V8 Supercars used to race there, and it wasn’t very good – it cut out the only good corners on the lap.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.