F1

Another 3 week break?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    sato113
    Participant

I was surprised to hear on tv that we have another 3 week break until the next race! is this season a record for number of 3 week breaks? (excluding august break of course.)

wsrgo
    Participant

@sato113 The original calendar had 2 weeks b/w Germany and Hungary, however due to accommodate for the 20th race in Europe (Turkey/France) the German GP was moved ahead by 1 week. They didn’t bother to restore parity even when talks with Turkey fell through..

Michael
    Participant

I really hate these 3 week breaks. 2 weeks is the absolute max they should go without a race. It just throws viewers off completely and then we get 3 days of continuous coverage. Very frustrating – thank god for MotoGP…

I wouldn’t mind having more testing events or a team or engine race or something to fill the gap and fix the ridiculous situation with the tyres.

Deej92
    Participant

There may be 21 races next season so there won’t be many 3-week breaks then hopefully. It does really frustrate me when we do have them. The Hungarian GP is really isolated this year, being the only GP in 7 weeks (I know we always have a summer break). This is the fourth and last 3-week break of the season.

Journeyer
    Participant

@wsrgo They couldn’t move the German GP back to next week because it would end up conflicting with the MotoGP race… which will also be in Germany.

As a rule of thumb, you will never see an F1 race and MotoGP race held at the same time. They can be held on the same weekend (i.e. like what we had at Assen) or even on the same day (assuming they’re in different parts of the world). But not at the same time.

wsrgo
    Participant

@journeyer Sorry, didn’t know about the last bit. Thanks for the info and the clarification.

Funkyf1
    Participant

3 week breaks are not required when there are races back to back. Why not break up the calendar and have races every two weeks.

wsrgo
    Participant

@funkyf1 Because that way, Bernie’s going to make himself a likeable character.. :P

Little_M_Lo
    Participant

even worse, 1 month break after Hungary

Michael
    Participant

@Dylan Lopez – They have turned July and August into an absolute low…

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s fine, it just means there’s more time to watch the Silverstone International GT Open and IndyCars at Toronto this weekend and Euro Le mans at Red Bull Ring and American Le Mans from Mosport next weekend. Motorsport doesn’t just stop with F1. Try it!

wsrgo
    Participant

@ajokay Easy for you to say. The only live races I get in my country apart from F1 is MotoGP and Macau GP F3. Nothing else. And I don’t have a livestream-worthy connection.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.