F1

Anyone want some oldish races on VHS tapes?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Neil
    Participant

I’m about to throw away my collection of old VHS tapes, containing (I think) every race (full races, BBC or ITV coverage) from 1998 to midway through 2010. But before I throw them out, I thought I’d ask if any of my fellow fans would want to save them from the tip?

Can’t guarantee that any of them play but most were just put on the shelf after being recorded and never watched, and they’ve been stored in decent conditions.

Free to a good home, but there are over 100 of them and they’re not light… so recipient would need to pay postage in advance or collect in person (eastern part of Yorkshire).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whilst it sounds very tempting, i’ve thrown away my VHS player 7-8 yrs ago.
    And whilst it is possible to write VHS content into DVD’s, i must say that i have almost all those races downloaded from the net, or recorded myself.

I’ll give you a massive thumbs-up, Neil, for not just throwing them away, but i’ll leave it to someone else who really wants them. Cheers ;)

FJBH10
    Participant

How much do you reckon the postage costs would be to Milton Keynes?
    If it is affordable then I will definitely have them, I have always wanted to watch the older seasons (I have been following F1 from around 2010) and this would be a great opportunity to do so.

Neil
    Participant

Just occurred to me that I don’t have a box big enough for them, so will need to cross that bridge first. But the total weight (not including packaging weight) is approximately 27.5kg.

So from my quick search, postage would be at least £40 (Parcelforce says £44, UPS a little below £40 but that’s without the weight of the box). Possibly a bit more if I missed any tapes when counting.

Alfie
    Participant

I’m rather interested and may well be able to pick up in person depending on what part of eastern Yorkshire you reside. However in the interests of first-come first-served I will defer to @fjbh10 should he want them.

FJBH10
    Participant

I don’t know if I can fetch the £40 for the postage. Will see what I can do but if I cannot or the packaing issue gets too inconvenient you can have them Alfie. I should be able to decide for sure some time this weekend so please bear with me.

P.S ignore the fact I am posting this at midnight!

Neil
    Participant

No problem – if you could let me know by Sunday that’d be great, then if needed I’ll look into where I can try to find a box from. Unfortunately I can’t test any of them (would imagine spending £40ish and having half of them not work would be a bit of a pain!)

FJBH10
    Participant

Unfortunately I can’t fetch the £40 due to Christmas etc so you can have them Alfie. It would save Neil the hassle with postage too. Also as Kesioglou said earlier its great that you’re not just throwing them away, it is a great example of the F1 community and so-on!

VMaxMuffin
    Participant

Not going to get them shipped to Australia, but good on you @neilosjames for not just chucking them!

Neil
    Participant

Message I wrote before isn’t showing up for some reason!

Alfie, have sent PM with more detail about the location.

Neil
    Participant

Just hope they find a good home. Great shame Bernie and buddies haven’t got round to doing DVD box sets of full seasons… maybe one day they will and I can re-stock in a format I can actually watch.

Alfie, I’ve sent a private message with a bit more detail about location, if you’re still interested.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.