F1

Artificial Rain?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Polishboy808
    Participant

I read on Gp Update that Bernie is proposing fake rain at races, using sprinklers on the track. Honestly, I see why he would say such a thing, but really? Imagine how weird that would be, a hot and sunny Bahrain with spray and puddles. It would just look un-natural. I don’t think thats the best way to mix things up. After all, this years tires are promising some really chaotic racing, but then again, some of the best races last year were affected by rain. Maybe a wet Qualifying would be cool, as it would equal out much of the field, giving guys in weaker machinery a better chance. But again, it’s just not real rain, and it’ll probably affect cars and drivers differently then natural rain. What do you think about Bernie’s idea?

Asanator
    Participant

Honestly? I think it’s Bernies way of teasing the Journo’s, It isn’t anything that will seriously be considered. The F1 Paddock are vary wary of gimmicks as it is, look at all the noise over whether a movable rear wing is gimmicky, can you imagine the outcry if this were to come into being.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, no way, never. Absolutely.

The Edge
    Participant

I think the knock on his head when he got mugged in London did Bernie more harm than was thought

AndrewTanner
    Participant

Daft idea really. There’s no reason to bunch the group up in quali. It’s meant to seperate the good and not-so good.

surely it would also be very expensive?! and with him trying to pressure teams to cut down costs, this seems like a great way to be hypocritical. i think this is a definite no, it would just make it TOO artificial with KERS and MRW.

How would the drivers react?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m hoping Bernie was just being tongue in cheek as he was saying how he didn’t like the ARWs at the time too.

S.J.M
    Participant

Im borrowing this from a Kevin Smith film,

But this is probably the worst idea since Greedo shooting first.

I dont think Bernie was joking when he said this either. F1’s indanger of going the way of WWF/E (see Joe Sawards Blog, http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/is-formula-one-really-that-desperate/) what with the ARW and KERs.

Hare
    Participant

Purple rain… Puuuuuuurple rain!

*sways*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJfhGL0F6LE

Hare
    Participant

@polishboy808 I think Bernie’s seen motorcross and become swayed by it’s overtaking stats :)

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I know! Let’s put little flashing boxes in strategically designated areas out on the track so that drivers can be rewarded with cheeky banana skins or perhaps red turtle shells to fire at opponents?

Oh but that would be stupid, like this stupid idea.

invoke
    Participant

Let’s put little flashing boxes in strategically designated areas out on the track so that drivers can be rewarded with cheeky banana skins or perhaps red turtle shells to fire at opponents?

Like this… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h4zTEwgCpQ

wasiF1
    Participant

I don’t think it is a good idea,some driver will have an advantage so why give some ARTIFICIAL advantage?

dyslexicbunny
    Participant

This is a terrible idea. Let’s make some circuits icy and race too. Or add a… RING OF FIRE!

Jezson
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.