F1

Audi's Le Mans 2011

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    sw6569
    Participant

Just came across this video released by Audi in celebration of their Le Mans victory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atM0J0BLFpg&feature=player_embedded

13 mins of why you should watch endurance racing and highlights of this years sensational Le mans race.

beneboy
    Participant

Thanks mate, that’s one of the best things I’ve seen this year !

Le Mans is fantastic; I love LMP cars and it’s great seeing so many different types of cars racing against each other through the night at one of the best race tracks in the world.

Stephen Jones
    Participant

cool vid! Dr Ullrich is my favorite person ever..

Chalky
    Participant

Great video. Thanks for the link.

Anonymous
    Inactive

yeah, sorry for the delay sw6569. It’s a great link, great video, thanks; although I’m more of a peugeot kind of guy, maybe you’ve found a similar video from a peugeot point of view?

sw6569
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I had seen that. I got the impression it was Mark Gene and I think McLaren hasn’t lost a lot of fans because of what Hamilton did to Vettel. And it’s the referees (stewards) that should have intervened (in both cases, as I also find it unaceptable 2 consecutive changes of direction)

sw6569
    Participant

I agree. There’s a lot of supposed Peugeot bias at Le Mans as they are French though.

Not sure Hamilton/vettel can be a comparison as they were on the same lap assuming i’m thinking of the same incident?

Anonymous
    Inactive

That Audi 24H du Mans highlights video is really amazing. Thank you for posting it, sw6!

I remember that weekend so well and it was fun to be able to have a sporadic conversation on the F1F live blog feed.

Endurance racing is for me anything but incompatible with my love for F1. And it is quite nice not being able to fully support one driver but to have to really pick a team and stick with it. Race strategies are properly complicated, technical failures more common thus the thrill and anxiety of what could happen raises with every hour that passes as the chance for them to happen increases over time and distance done, going from daylight to night and back to day is truly beautiful, and so on.

I really regretted not having booked a ticket for Le Mans this year.

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes, it is the same lap, sw6569. now I understand why the commemtators of eurosport were so outraged. not only he was blocking him, he wasn’t even on the same lap. A la David Coulthard! yes, no comparation possible, sorry, I misunderstood the Le Mans example! still think what hamilton did is wrong. I’ve said it up there the stewards should intervene, but I don’t mind that/if they don’t. But Hamilton is putting himself in a situation that when it’s the other way around, he’s allowing Vettel (and the others) to do the same. maybe stewards inquirys for outrageous waving are too much and the drivers can self-regulate, but I’m afraid if he keeps doing, others will do it to him and one day the art of defensive driving with fairness and respect between the drivers will be over.

Anonymous
    Inactive

maybe, not Vettel, but all the other drivers should protest Hamilton’s actions. That way, there’s no possibility of bias by Vettel. I think they’ve done it before to LH after Malaysia last year. But that time he moved suddenly three times on the same straight, and more than one lap. I think they should be more sensitive as Vettel could have gotten the place and the race could be different.

sw6569
    Participant

I believe the Peugeot was 4 laps down at this point. It was team orders to the extreme to beat the final Audi

Anonymous
    Inactive

Damn! Black Flag! imagine if they had lost? how is this possible?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.