F1

Australian Grand Prix-Which Track?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

With the recent topic of “The alternative F1 calendar”, i noticed there were quite a few different suggestions of tracks that could hold the Australian Grand Prix. The suggestions included the current Albert Park, a return to Adelaide and of course Bathurst, i was just wondering which track or tracks would you choose?

I would love to see Bathurst, but that wont happen, so then i’d like to see it alternate between Albert park and Adelaide.

Other suggestions i can think of are the proposed track at Avalon airport, Eastern Creek, even the (original) Surfers Paradise street circuit.

duncanmonza
    Participant

Bathurst and Phillip Island are easily the best circuits in the country, but I think they’re too far from the glamor of the big smoke.
    The Albert Park event is just brilliant, the only annoying thing is the constant bad press.
    Adelaide was awesome and Clipsal still is. The last year it was in Adelaide, they had an attendance of something like 200,000 on race day. Adelaide would no doubt get a higher attendance than Melbourne, and a great carnival atmosphere, but it is quite a boring city.
    The Gold Coast has just got the next Commonwealth Games, so they are definitely looking like going after big sporting events, it is a very cool place. The old Champcar circuit was OK, but I’ve made some improvements. It would definitely be a great event. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5535613
    Perth could host a good event, they are closer to the European time zone and they love their sport.
    I don’t think Sydney could pull off the GP as well as Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth or the Gold Coast.

@duncanmonza, That surfers layout looks pretty good. I’m with you on sydney as well, one of my mates (he’s a NASCAR nut) tried to tell me the upgraded Eastern Creek would be great for F1, i just smiled and nodded….

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

Eastern Creek is between a dump and a motorway, pretty much how I feel about the facilities there. Basic at best. It would be cheaper to build a new trck then upgrade EC. I’d like to see a GP in Sydney but we are so hopeless at big events. Bathurst would be interesting, we’d need to build an intensive care unit at the track though.

the_sigman
    Participant

Bathurst easily

necrodethmortem
    Participant

As I suggested before here, I think the Australian Grand Prix should be held on a rural road as an homage to great tracks like Lobethal, Bathurst, Longford, Gnoo Blas and more.

This looks pretty cool to me. It’s remote, but Aussies are used to long distances, right?

Mark O’Donnell
    Participant

Melbourne.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.