F1

Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo – Argentine GP?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zazeems
    Participant

Just a thought…

With all the talk of a resurrected Argentine Grand Prix over the past few years, it struck me that there weren’t actually many viable, cost effective solutions.

Enter, the newly refurbished and upgraded Autodromo Termas de Rio Hondo, as christened by MotoGp just last weekend.

Sure, it’d probably need a further facility upgrade, and maybe a few more catch fences and wider tyre/tecpro barriers, but the circuit itself is pretty good.

Certainly a better bet than the hugely dilapidated Oscar Gálvez circuit in Buenos Aires, or the god awful plans for the track in Mar del Plata.

Just wondered what my fellow F1 Fanatics thought.

Fer no.65
    Participant

Argie here.

Short story, it won’t happen. :P Costs are way too high, that’s the mean reason. Argentina now hosts the WRC, the Dakar, WTCC, MotoGP and a long list of very important touring car series. Plus the annual Porsche Cup and Formula Truck visits from Brazil.

Plus, there’s enough problems already here. Had Termas been re-designed around 4 years ago, then maybe. But NOW, very very highly unlikely.

Zazeems
    Participant

Shame. I quite like the circuit, and somewhere with such a large motorsport fan-base and rich racing heritage deserves a Grand Prix, especially when there are other countries on the calendar who have neither.

But like you say, it all comes down to money.

hunocsi
    Participant

@fer-no65 But didn’t your PM said at the MotoGP that they would like an F1 race at the circuit, and as far as they know it’s nearly up for the job?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.