F1

Ayrton Senna’s secret weapon in F1 driving – famous quotes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

“Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus” Ayrton Senna :Translation – Nothing can separate me from the love of God.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“I´m not designed to come third, fourth or fifth… I race to win, as long as I think it´s possible…”

I got that written on top of my helmet! ;)

raymondu999
    Participant

Yeah – Ayrton was very religious. Prost said it made him almost dangerous – that he felt God would protect him no matter what; which drove him to try audacious maneuvers. I’m not saying it’s true; but it’s an interesting take on it.

matt90
    Participant

I think if he thought God protected him, and others too, perhaps it drove him to pull risky moves under the belief it would only end badly if God willed it. If so then he was dangerous on track as it may have made him feel less responsible for his own actions- but then that doesn’t gel very well with him being such a humanitarian, where he clearly felt responsible to help others. He is such a complex character it’s very difficult to understand his motivation at times.

Not sure I’d agree with all his quotes, but they are fascinating.

“And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” – Ayrton Senna

raymondu999
    Participant

@matt90 I think his belief was more that nothing bad will happen in the first place; rather than that “if something bad happens, ask the Big Guy”

I never watched Ayrton race unfortunately – I started watching in 96 – so I can’t really claim an intimacy of knowledge to how he raced.

“I felt as though I was driving in a tunnel. The whole circuit became a tunnel… I had reached such a high level of concentration that it was as if the car and I had become one. Together we were at the maximum. I was giving the car everything – and vice versa.” – Ayrton Senna

“You will never know the feeling of a driver when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings that cannot be understood.” – Ayrton Senna

“Fear Is Exciting For Me” – Ayrton Senna

“Racing, competing, it’s in my blood. It’s part of me, it’s part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else.” – Ayrton Senna

“The danger sensation is exciting. The challenge is to find new dangers.” – Ayrton Senna

“Money is a strange business. People who haven’t got it aim it strongly. People who have are full of troubles.” – Ayrton Senna

“Wealthy men can’t live in an island that is encircled by poverty. We all breathe the same air. We must give a chance to everyone, at least a basic chance.” – Ayrton Senna

“The day it arrives, it will arrive. It could be today or 50 years later. The only sure thing is that it will arrive.” – Ayrton Senna speaking about the existence of “DEATH”

“If you have God on your side, everything becomes clear.” – Ayrton Senna’s Most Important QUOTE

GeeMac
    Participant

@matt90 The complexity of his character is probably the thing that makes him most fascinating as a man!

The same man who would deliberately run Prost off the track, who would defend his place to the very limit of the rules was also the man who had to go to the crash sites of Martin Donnelly and Roland Ratzenberger to see how his fellow drivers were doing, the same man who jumped out of his car and ran into oncoming traffic to aide Eric Comas when he crashed at Blanchimont.

Most of us like to think that we are well balanced, multifaceted people, but Senna takes the biscuit on that front! I’m a huge Senna fan but I’m not going to be so naive to say that he was never wrong, but he certainly was a fascinating chap.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@GeeMac
    Very well said sir!!! That is what made him so awesome!!! I also am a huge Senna fan and I sometimes feel he was a bit arrogant. He is truly an enigma… And it just makes you wonder… What if he hadn´t died?? would he have won more championships??
    I think his passing just made him even bigger than life… He achieved SOOOOOOO much in so little time…. he´s just impressive!!

australian
    Participant

Ultimate Respect to Senna…. Quote from the movie…..

“By being a racing driver you are under risk all the time. By being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, it’s not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th. I race to win”

Pamphlet
    Participant

I’m surprised that nobody’s started a religious argument yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Pamphlet I don´t think there is any nead for one…. Senna´s faith was his… no need to question what the man thought or believed in… Prost was scared of him for it but I mean WTF??? He knew he could get hurt, he avoided getting hurt… It´s not like he thought he was inmortal or anything. He made it very clear that he knew that there was always the risk for dying… He maybe just felt he was protected at times….

TheJudge
    Participant

When I first heard about him,whe I first saw his race,I tought he’s crazy and hw won’t get far,but then,as I watched More and More races,interviews it became clear,that he is a truly special and mega-tallanted man. I believe he would be the best if he played hockey,football or even tennis. The whole world would know about him as it does right now.
    And watching him,listening to his words spoken,manuvers driven,it makes me think that there realy is a god or something like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.