F1

BBC 2 Program

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Cornflakes
    Participant

There is currently a program on BBC2 called Grand Prix: The Killer Years. Talking about the history of F1 and the dangers of them. It’s not a bad watch, and will probably be on iPlayer afterwards if you missed it

repeated (this) saturday 27/8/2011 @ 9pm on bbc4

Icthyes
    Participant

It’s on YouTube anyway, so non-UK viewers can see it too :-)

damonsmedley
    Participant

Thanks Icthyes, I’ll have a look in the morning. :)

f1alex
    Participant

I saw it when it was broadcast a few months back. The part with Rgoer Williamson’s crash was really difficult to watch.

Victor.
    Participant

One of the best documentaries I’ve ever seen – emotional from beginning to end. Captures the spirit of the era (as far as I can tell) and explains the joy of pushing oneself to the limit. It focuses on individuals, such as Chapman and his obsession, Clark, Rindt and Stewart, as well as on the whole of Grand Prix racing. Rindt’s wife does a beautiful job at explaining the clash between the glory, the thrill and the passion, and the angst, sadness and frustration.

I only find that Cevert’s death should have been covered, not the least because of his relation to Stewart.

Thanks Cornflakes and Icthyes.

f1alex
    Participant

Oops, I meant Roger obviously, not Rgoer, shoulda spotted that mistake first time.

And yeah I agree Victor, it was awesome, although very emotional too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.