• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 1 hour, 50 minutes ago

F1 discussion

BBC 2010 Montage Song Came……. In the Official top 40 Charts

This topic contains 22 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Icthyes Icthyes 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Jones
    Participant

actually yeah Icthyes, last year’s is definitely the best

Icthyes
    Participant

What I’ve been doing is muting this year’s video and playing last year’s whilst watching the 2010 clips. Basically start playing the 2010 one, wait 7 seconds so they end at the same time and play the 2009 one. Fits really well.

Stephen Jones
    Participant

you may be onto something.. that actually sounds almost better than both of them put together.

interestingly they both end the same way, with vettel throwing his hand’s in the air and getting drenched with champagne

Skett
    Participant

Are you guys serious? Last years song was rubbish. This years is cheesy, but it works. Last years was just… euch

Superted666
    Keymaster

Agree with Skett, Last years was just a classic song which was regurgitated and sold as new.

At least this years had a bit of heart and soul behind it. :)

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

Well if we’re talking about F1 and epic music, try this one from the start of the 2009 Singapore Grand Prix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snpqZVxxSuk

Everytime they show that little bit of Massa I get a shudder down my spine.

Stephen Jones
    Participant

eh, everyone has their own opinion

in the 2009 review, i still get shudders when the car crosses under the Yas hotel near the end.. the music suits it well

Icthyes
    Participant

Yeh that Muse one was my favourite of last year.

With this year’s montage the BBC just wanted to be artsy and deep instead of conveying the excitement of the year. There’s nothing wrong with the song but it was a complete mood killer.

More excitement, less Dawson’s Creek next year please. Preferably a longer one where the whole of The Chain is played, I can’t believe they’ve missed that trick twice in a row.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.