F1

BBC to face questioning from MPs over BBC/SKY F1 deal

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Oli Peacock
    Participant

BBC is to face qusetioning from MP’s following the outrage from F1 fans

Although the e-petition has roughly 30,000 signitures

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94168

Opinions???

Dphect
    Participant

I’ve just spotted that on google news too, it would be nice to get a straight answer. Maybe even to pressure the BBC to show all races live.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I, for one, how that they find there was no wrong-doing. I’m still convinced that the 2012 broadcast arrangement give British fans better coverage than certain other parts of the world currently get, and that most people are acting like spoiled children about it.

You can currently get all the races and most qualifying sessions live on OneHD in Australia, and if you can’t receive that channel or its SD equivalent, you can stream the coverage live through their website. That’s all races live on free-to-air terrestrial with an hour-long pre-race build up show followed by the races broadcast in full with the excellent BBC commentary feed. Whatever they miss through adverts, they try to show you immediately after the end of the break, just like ITV used to back in the UK. That’s a better deal than what F1 fans in Britain, arguably the spiritual, commercial and industrial home of Formula 1, will be getting as of next year.

Certain parts of the world do not get that standard of coverage, that’s true. And I do sympathise with those fans who must put up with that. But show me any of those places where the Formula 1 fan base is as large, as passionate, as knowledgeable, always pack out grandstands during their own GP weekend and have given as much to the sport since its conception as Britain. I think F1 fans in the UK deserve better than this. They certainly deserve the same standard of coverage that Australia has these days at the very least.

Icthyes
    Participant

I’m glad this is happening, there’s certainly something very fishy about the contradictory statements made and if the BBC worked to prevent a free-to-air rival from getting the rights then that’s quite serious. I doubt it will change Sky keeping the coverage though, maybe a fine for the BBC if they’re guilty.

TommyB
    Participant

most people are acting like spoiled children about it.

How are the people that can’t afford Sky spoiled children? Surely the spoiled ones are the ones saying ‘Why not just get Sky’.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

*sigh* Now that Keith has posted the article i expect this thread to be closed

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

How are the people that can’t afford Sky spoiled children?

Because they’re acting like they’ve been robbed of something, and while something has indeed been taken away, they’ve still got more than others. Then they whinge and complain about it like they’ve lost everything. If the whole sport was moving across to Sky, then maybe I could understand.

TommyB
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.