F1

Belgium GP Weather

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Having watched F1 for years, I know as well as the rest of you that this GP is synonymous with changeable weather! Anyone know any good weather forecasting websites as I don’t have the patience to wait until Autosport release their forecast on monday? :)

xtophe

We’ve had rainy, changeable weather all July this year, so brace yourself for Spa :P

Alianora La Canta
    Participant

Yippee!

xtophe

For now, our national meteorological institute predicts 18-21°C for Friday and showers aswell probably.

ed24f1
    Participant

I don’t think it would be wise to predict weather that is hours away in Spa, let alone a week! :P

JT19
    Participant

love the unpredictability of the weather in Belgium!!

I don’t do the pre-race weather forecast on the site until Thursday because the earlier you consult these things, the less reliable they are. This far in advance you may as well just guess.

phil9079
    Participant

the wheatermen don’t even know what is going to happen next day. They’ve said that it’s going to be SOOO hot and sunny thursday and suddenly it was cold and raining… The climat is changing. So we might find ourselfs a surprisingly dry spa qualy and/or race this year. What we have had so far is a presummer feeling (35 degree while it was still spring) and a pre-autumn feeling (15 degree in july/august). Like tophe said, we had cold rainy days in julyas well as in the beginning of august… We even had some sort of storm at “Pukkelpop” (a festival where the storm blew everything away, 5 dead, more then 140 wounded)

Right now: hot and sunny, 25-30 degrees untill wednesday where the wheater is changable. Right now they idd say that it might rain and it might be 18-20 degrees as well on friday. I’ll tell you even more, there might even be a thunderstorm on friday.

xtophe

Predicting the unpredictable, you have to love Spa :D

phil9079
    Participant

ok this is weird, it thunderstormed the whole night and it’s still busy here… more then 12 hours of thunderstorms. Something you can only find near the equator. There it could thunderstorm for like 6 months…

phil9079
    Participant

ok so we’re 1 day away and here’s the actual weather report:

-Tomorrow: thunderstorms in the east of the country, meaning spa could be hit by 1 of those. Hopefully not, I don’t wanna see damaged cars by the storms. Things could get ugly out there. It was too hot today. In Belgium, this mostly means that it’ll storm for sure…

-saturday: cloudy but mostly dry. a slight chance of rain or thunderstorm though.

-Sunday: cloudy to sunny but dry. still a slight chance of rain.

So this means that we’re maybe going to have a dry spa this year, only friday. This didn’t happend since I can’t even remember…

raymondu999
    Participant

We had a fully dry Spa race in 2009 when Kimi won in the sh*tbox Ferrari and Fisichella almost won (if he wasn’t so vulnerable at the restart with his KERS-less FIndia)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.