F1

Best races to catch up on the 2011 season?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    yazriel

2012 is turning out to be a spectacular season

I didnt really follow the 2011/2010 seasons, and while i know that redbull dominates, i am sure there are some races i will enjoy to watch

Any suggestions?
    I just watched canada 2011 and what a thriller it was…

@yazriel Here’s a good place to start – all of last year’s race rated by the site’s users:

New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years

The Chinese Grand Prix came top.

And here’s the same for 2010:

Canadian Grand Prix voted best race of 2010

the_sigman
    Participant

The best race: CANADA 2011!

Kingshark
    Participant

Best race for me was China 2011.

Canada was ruined by the red flag and the endless laps spend behind the safety car. China was pure racing, lights to flag.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Canada 2011 was pure drama. I’d say Canada, Silverstone and Hungary were 3 excellent races.

bag0
    Participant

Canada of course, but there were some pretty good ones apart from that. China, Hungary, Spa, Singapore, Suzuka are my first choices.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

I didnt really follow the 2011/2010 seasons, and while i know that redbull dominates, i am sure there are some races i will enjoy to watch

All of 2010 is worth watching. Vettel and Red Bull didn’t dominate at all – in fact, he didn’t even win the championship until … no, actually, I won’t tell you. I don’t want to spoil the ending.

Estesark
    Participant

The thing about the 2011 Canadian Grand Prix is that, if you were to watch it now, you could fast forward past the time when the race was red flagged and, if you wanted to, the laps behind the safety car.

That got me thinking, though, whether the way the race finally turned out would be any less rewarding for someone watching it for the first time now, if they skipped those parts. I have a feeling it was partly because it took so long, and tested all of our patiences, that it felt so dramatic in the end.

If you watch if for the first time now, @yazriel, I’d be interested to know how you get on!

yazriel

Great to hear from every one…

@Estesark ! You make a great point.
    I did skip over many of the idle laps (despite the very excellent bbc commentary ;)) For me that made an even better race, i think, just like @Kingshark

Enigma
    Participant

@yazriel If you don’t want to watch every single race, I’d suggest these from 2010:

– Australian GP
    – Chinese GP
    – Turkish GP
    – Canadian GP
    – Belgian GP
    – Korean GP
    – Brazil GP + qualifying, if you can
    – Abu Dhabi GP

Those are the best 8 in my view if you want to see exciting races and the championship battle. And you’ll enjoy them more not knowing the results!

Hope this helped.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.