F1

Button's new nickname

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    squaregoldfish
    Participant

Schumacher has often been lauded for his prowess in the wet, earning him the nickname Rainmeister. Given Button’s repeated stunning performances in drying conditions, shouldn’t he have a nickname too?

I was thinking Moistmeister.

Or not.

dam00r
    Participant

Jenson ‘The brewer’ Button maybe? haha..

sbl on tour
    Participant

we call him bunson, its a murrayism!think he meant to say jenson!

well bunson kept her lit yesterday

Icthyes
    Participant

Bunsen burner, not spectacular but reliable and does the job. Open the throat hole up to let the oxygen in and woosh! A brilliant flame.

I think that’s quite a good nickname actually!

sbl on tour
    Participant

nice one icthyes, bunson burner it is, so that old bike term “keep her lit ” is quite appropriate

the other one we like is “sock it to em , jb style”, a song by the specials,

found myself shouting that at t,telly during his pass of vettel yesterday

sblot

Tom L.
    Participant

There’s one problem with that one – I don’t think Bunsen burners are at their most effective in changeable conditions!

Asanator
    Participant

Bunsen Burner is rubbish!

Not that I have any better suggestions! Um…….Cadbury….because he is so silky smooth! (see Cadbury’s Buttons for those who don’t get such things).

Jens will do for me!

Todfod
    Participant

I’ve given this a lot of thought. A good nickname for Jenson would be ‘Nitrous’ (as in nitrous oxide). Most of the time he makes me laugh, but when he’s on fire he’s pretty quick.

Nitrous Button is kind of ironic too.

Todfod
    Participant

I’ve given this a lot of thought. A good nickname for Jenson would be ‘Nitrous’ (as in nitrous oxide). Most of the time he makes me laugh, but when he’s on fire he’s pretty quick.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

He kind of does have one already, The Frome Flyer, but that’s pretty boring… How about Red, the Red Button in the Red (and silver) car. Press it to activate Bernie’s sprinklers and suddenly he comes alive!!

ukk

Moistmeister mwahahahahaaahhh :-) can’t stop laughing for a few minutes now! it’s great, in every aspect :-)

electrolite
    Participant

Jenson But-in

Icthyes
    Participant

The Red Button versus the Red (now Silver) Baron? Actually Silver Button might be better, because silver buttons in clothing would be flash (like Jenson in his playboy days) but unquestionably of good quality (like Button himself!)

sbl on tour
    Participant

in our house and among me mates he,s still “bunson” and probably always will

‘Mutton’ because of his regular minor-face-fleece growth and shearing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.