• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 49 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Can Hamilton beat Vettel on Top Gear?

This topic contains 101 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of  Anonymous 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Fer no.65
    Participant

@keithcollantine HUGE HUUUUUUGE spoiler from you via Twitter, mate. Just HUGE ! :(

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

It’s not my job to second-guess what some people don’t want to know. If you don’t want to find something out, stay off the internet!

Fer no.65
    Participant

@keithcollantine don’t get so aggressive, I didn’t mean it like that…

SoLiDG
    Participant

What a stunning lap!
    Thought it would be hard to beat Vettel’s time but boy, 1,1 sec faster!

He proved once again he is probably the fastest driver in F1 (and the world).
    Now let’s get the season started and hope he can do some magic in that Mercedes!

Anonymous

I think what’s been shown here today is that the rest of the drivers on the grid are a probably no better than a bunch of untalented amateurs in comparison to Lewis Hamilton. It’s actually kind of sad, when you think about it. *wanders off to watch other sports*

tmekt
    Participant

@solidg

He proved once again he is probably the fastest driver in F1

As it has been said numerous times in this thread, a lap in a car like that tells absolutely nothing about how much quicker someone is or isn’t in a Formula One car.

Centurion
    Participant

The body roll of the car made me absolutely cringe. It’s like a boat! Lewis was amazingly relaxed and seems so happier in public than he was during the early years of his career at Mclaren. Good to see that he fulfilled his objective by taking top spot! I bet him and Vettel will chit chat about when they see each other at testing next week :P

Nicholas Sunderland
    Participant

@aka_robyn Brilliant comment XD

*waits for somebody to take your post literally*

Anonymous

I do hope a lot of commenters here are joking…

Using this as proof he is the fastest driver in the world?! Really? What happened in 2011 then? Or several times this year? Surely with an 1.8 second advantage over Button in sheer talent alone he would have left Button in the dust the passed three years… Or is he only that fast in a Suzuki Liana?

Sheila
    Participant

I knew this would happen xD Everyone is going crazy
    But if you look closely at the times, how much faster is Lewis than Jenson in that car? and the on the same F1 car the distance is not that big so I wouldn’t read to much into this xD
    But for sure Vettel is going to try to beat him, I bet he is already calling them hahaha

SoLiDG
    Participant

I don’t know but if you follow F1 you should know on pure speed he was much faster than Button.
    Button only managed 1 pole for McLaren!
    But let’s not get in that discussion again.
    It is a known fact that Hamilton is blindingly quick.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

@fer-no65 Apologies, I certainly didn’t mean to sound aggressive.

Sheila
    Participant

@SoLiDG I also think that Lewis is faster than Jenson, and even more on a single lap, but NOT that much xD

Max Jacobson
    Participant

@st91 I’d be looking forward to that, if Vettel comes back on! Hamilton & Vettel should come on at the same time to remove some of the variables and it’d be great fun to watch!

Aimal
    Participant

i bet vettel would want to come back and beat hamiltons time. Top Gear needs to throw Fernando into the mix. i am surprised he hasn’t already been on Top Gear to be honest. who else feels that Top Gear should have done A LOT more F1 related stuff when the BBC were the primary licence holders for F1. Wasn’t that one of their original promises when they got the licence ?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.