• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 53 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Can Hamilton beat Vettel on Top Gear?

This topic contains 101 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AdrianMorse
    AdrianMorse
    Participant

I like the concept of a star in a reasonably priced-car, but for the F1 drivers, it would have been nice if they had chosen something with a little more oomph. Hamilton did what must have been an electrifying lap, and it still looked a little slow.

I remember one episode long ago where a group of ecclesiastics took to the track in a Subaru Impreza; that would have been more like it.

Profile photo of tmekt
    tmekt
    Participant

@adrianmorse

I agree, maybe they should’ve bought an HRT now that they had the chance…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

He also put two wheels on the grass several times. Now I’m not sure it matters with such a slow car but I am quite certain it doesn’t help.
    That’s another reason I don’t believe these lap times. Also his lap was very scrappy and he missed multiple apexes but was more than a second faster than all the others? I don’t think so.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Actually a Mini Cooper clad in the Union Jack would have been a more British choice:-)

I would also not have objected to Austin Powers’ Shaguar:-)

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

@Bendanarama

I can do a better time than that on Forza.

Presumably that means I’m a better driver than Hamilton? ;)

Call Ron Dennis! Don’t settle for anything less than 20 million. And demand #1 team status:-)

Profile photo of xjr15jaaag
    xjr15jaaag
    Participant

I think that for a feature Top Gear should invite the whole F1 grid to do a kart race on the test track;
    Vettel, Kimi, Hamilton, JB and I reckon Ricciardo would be up for it, and then TG could prepare a load of TKMs in exactly the same manor, with each engine tested on the dyno to ensure equality.
    I may have gone on a bit, but I would really like TG to do that.

Profile photo of McGregski
    McGregski
    Participant

I don’t know what you’re all talking about, this obviously proves that Red Bull just have an advantage in their car and Hamilton is the fastest man in F1. It also proves that McLaren should talk to Suzuki about improving their reliability

Pah – can’t you all spot the obvious source of gospel fact that is Top Gear?! :o)

Profile photo of Nicholas Sunderland
    Nicholas Sunderland
    Participant

@xjr15jaaag Not sure if a kart race would be the best idea on a track that looks like this.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100224015155/gran-turismo/images/8/82/Topgear_test_track.gif

Profile photo of xjr15jaaag
    xjr15jaaag
    Participant

In that case they can commandeer Shennington or a kart track in that vicinity and have an F1 drivers kart race there.

Profile photo of mnmracer
    mnmracer
    Participant

@brazil2007
    Turn the first corner into a chicane, and the follow-through into a hairpin, and it could work. I think with superkarts on the normal track they could do <1:25.

Profile photo of robbiepblake
    robbiepblake
    Participant

@F1fanNL

He also put two wheels on the grass several times. Now I’m not sure it matters with such a slow car but I am quite certain it doesn’t help.
    That’s another reason I don’t believe these lap times. Also his lap was very scrappy and he missed multiple apexes but was more than a second faster than all the others? I don’t think so.

Do you really think that the footage you saw of the car going around the track was all from Hamilton’s fastest lap? I don’t think so.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@driftin

Probably not. Just like they didn’t with Raikkonen. But even so. 1.1 seconds faster than anyone else? I’m not buying it for a second. It would have been believable if he’d been a tenth or so faster but not over a second. That would imply that the rest of the F1 drivers who appeared are amateurish drivers unworthy of being on the same grid as Hamilton. And that conflicts with Button beating Hamilton every so often.

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.