Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 2 hours, 4 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Can we expect any new liveries next year?

This topic contains 248 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Funkyf1 Funkyf1 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 241 through 249 (of 249 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SeaHorse
    SeaHorse
    Participant

To me also it looks like orange as @prisoner-monkeys says @andae23 @braketurnaccelerate

PS: I am not referring to the pic I posted (obviously).

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

Red it is :P

Profile photo of SeaHorse
    SeaHorse
    Participant

I feel cheated by Marussia :P

Profile photo of Calum
    Calum
    Participant

I wonder if Mclaren are playing the oldest trick in the book in one last roll of the dice to bag a new 2014 sponsor.

Two fastest laps in two days. Probably just coincidence.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@calum – I think you will find that they have deliberately kept the MP4-29 blank to attract potential title sponsors. If they covered the car in the logos of sponsors they already have, then it might deter some of the fence-sitters.

Besides, sponsors only really car about having their name on the car during the season. They’re probably not too fussed about it during pre-season testing.

Profile photo of Iestyn Davies
    Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Well the word is that McLaren ran slightly higher revs so far than Ferrari. I expect Sony McLaren possibly announced mid-season (Monaco?) or for 2014 (Unless it remains McLaren-Honda).

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

If they have been running higher revs so far, it would not be because they are trying to lure more sponsors by setting faster times. It would be because their testing programme has advanced to the point where they can do it. Running higher revs without sorting out the basics first would put excessive strain on the engines and would make it harder to figure out the cause of problems if something went wrong. Testing is like a blind scientific test: you change one variable at a time, and observe the effects. The idea that McLaren are running higher revs to manipulate the timing sheets and lure sponsors sounds like the kind of rubbish that fans who do not like the team would cook up.

Also, I very much doubt that they will pick up a title sponsor mid-season.

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon
    Participant

Williams have secured a sponsorship deal with Martini according to James Allen:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/02/upbeat-massa-tips-brainy-alonso-to-beat-raikkonen-at-ferrari/

Profile photo of Funkyf1
    Funkyf1
    Participant

I would love to see Martini logos on the Williams, giving it that old school look :) Not so sure how the red would go with their current colour though

Viewing 9 posts - 241 through 249 (of 249 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.