Hey guys. I was just looking at the constructors standings and I couldn’t help but shake my head at the 8th position that Williams is in. I think that purely based on the car, they should have been 5th in the championship, rating them above Mercedes and in some races on par with or even ahead of Ferrari. Maybe even higher? I don’t know, as it’s all guesses of course. What do you think?
Here’s my ranking:
1. McLaren – Good on all circuits, in most conditions, should be almost unbeatable on a theoretical good day
2. Red Bull – Weak on some circuits, but usually a good race pace. Have somehow lost their edge in qualifying.
3. Lotus – Could be 1 or 2 on a good day, but something is holding it back. Seems not to be the best over 1 lap.
4. Ferrari – How much is Alonso over-performing and Massa under-performing? Hard to gauge.
5. Williams – Should be a regular podium contender. I can only imagine the safe hands of Barrichello and new talent of Hulkenberg in this car.
6. Sauber – I think their young line-up is affecting their performance both positively and negatively. Have been very fast on occasions, pretty unlucky on others, swimming aimlessly in the midfield in some cases.
7. Mercedes – Were right up there earlier this year, but have lost the touch. Rosberg seems demotivated. I think they’re done for this year. Anonymous.
Rest: 8. Force India, 9. Torro Rosso (I reckon their youngsters are actually not that bad. Not a very inspiring car to attack a race in), 10. Caterham, 11. Marussia, 12. HRT