F1

Castrol Rankings?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone bother looking at them? What do you think of them?

Personally, I think they’re a load of tosh but it’s a nice idea to have a ranking system I guess.

Don Speekingleesh
    Participant

I looked at them for a laugh when they were launched, but can’t be bothered these days.

Scribe
    Participant

hahahaha, look obviously Castrol is hilariously flawed, not least because it ignores the cars input and the difference between driving skill sets is entirley ignored but finally becuase who cares anyway. Its much more fun to argue about whose best then some weird science fail list making caper.

David-A
    Participant

I think they just complied the 100 best crashes in motorsport in the last six months, and whoever was involved in roughly half of them tops the ranking.

nik

Castrol rankings are a laugh. We already have a ranking system, it is called the world drivers championship, and F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport – so I would rank the worst F1 drivers as being better than the best Indy and NASCAR drivers (though it is harder to compare NASCAR to F1 since it is a totally different style of driving, especially on ovals).

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have seen them in F1 Racing magazine, but could somebody explain them to me please?

Scribe
    Participant

I think you get a certain number of points for pole, an a certain number of points for position, possibly with overtaking thrown in. The end result is Sebastian Vettle has been the best driver In The World since the start of the last F1 season.

Completley ignores strength of car, massivley overvalues qualifying in sports that have quali.

I was sceptical when I first saw them, more so after six months or however long its been. I’ve had emails from them trying to get me to use their stuff on the site – I wouldn’t insult your intelligence with it.

TommyB
    Participant

Vettel the best driver in motor racing? Oh please…

It’s impossible to compare other Formula’s but if anything Loeb should be number 1 as he completely dominates his field. Vettel’s not just made lots of mistakes but he’s not even leading the championship so how is he so many points ahead of Webber and Hamilton. It’s a load of rubbish.

James_mc
    Participant

Their football ones aren’t great either…

I find it amusing that they sponsor Cristiano Ronaldo; As the guy is greasy enough, I can only presume that he puts the stuff in his hair???

NickV

Last time I looked Dave Pinkney (60 year old BTCC driver who basically races as a hobby) was ahead of Michael Schumacer! Plus there are only like 5 F1 drivers in the top 10 when F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport and the most demanding.

rfs
    Participant

The Castrol Rankings seemed laughable for most of the season, but after Seb’s championship they suddenly seem to make sense now.

Scribe
    Participant

Not really RFS, all this championship prooved conclusivley is that Vettle is better than Webber, Alonso is better than Massa, and Hamilton has the edge over Button. Vettle in no way confirmed his status as the best driver in the world, rather the RB6 prooved itself to be the best car, an Redbull the best team.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.