1. 2008 Italian GP – Self-explanatory
2. 2009 Chinese GP – Red Bull’s first win, at a part in the season Brawn still seemed unbeatable
3. 2010 Abu Dhabi GP – His first WDC, and what a race, did everything right.
4. 2013 German GP – Put his foot down and kept two hard charging Lotus drivers behind.
5. 2012 Japanese GP – Practically put an end to Alonso’s championship hopes.
1. 2005 Japanese GP – The race that switched me to a fan, while I was quite immature against Schumacher’s competitors back then.
2. 2004 Belgian GP – Solid race in Schumacher’s backyard in one of his most dominant years.
3. 2012 Abu Dhabi GP – The win that eluded him all season finally came and gave F1 a catchphrase that will last a generation.
4. 2007 Brazilian GP – Probably the most important victory of his career.
5. 2013 Australian GP – Nobody expected this win, but he drove like he never did anything else than winning.
Note: The 2009 Belgian GP victory never felt special to me, as it still feels he got by on KERS, rather than himself. He could have, but would he have?
1. 2011 Canadian GP – Crazy, crazy race, excellent performance in those conditions and to come from that far back.
2. 2011 Japanese GP – Again the one to beat Vettel in his unbeatable year. Probably gained him a ton of fans as well.
3. 2012 Belgian GP – Schumacher-esque domination. His victory was never under threat, a mean feat in such a close season.
4. 2009 Monaco GP – Mature drive, didn’t put a foot wrong.
5. 2010 Australian GP – Made the right choices, showed he could also win in a non-dominant car and winning before Hamilton did in their time together probably helped his place in the team as well.
1. 2008 British GP – Schooled the rest of the field. For me, cemented his talent.
2. 2007 Canadian GP – First win and what a track to do so at.
3. 2012 US GP – Beat Vettel fair and square on new ground.
4. 2007 Japanese GP – Kept his head on in a crazy race.
5. 2009 Hungarian GP – While the McLaren had improved a lot, it still wasn’t supposed to be near the Brawns and Red Bulls. Great drive, deserved victory.
1. 2005 San Marino GP – Held off 7 time WDC winner Schumacher, who at that time looked just as intimidating as ever, even if Ferrari had a ‘poor start of the season’.
2. 2012 Malaysian GP – A win in a car that seemed to be Ferrari’s worst since 2009, did not make a single mistake, even with a very hungry youngster breathing down his neck, in a car that was equal if not better at that point in the season.
3. 2003 Hungarian GP – Lapped Schumacher. Where on earth did this kid come from and how did he win this race?
4. 2012 European GP – Usually I’m not a fan of race wins which were inherited, due to technical failures. However, the impact this had on the 2012 championship and Alonso’s emotions at the end made this a special one.
5. 2010 Singapore GP – A convincing win at a critical point in the season.
If there is a thread for past champions, I’m going to have to plan a day ahead to pick my favorite Schumacher wins. Both because I have so many memories and he has won so many races..