Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 4 hours, 49 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Pre-race press conferences: What would you ask?

This topic contains 99 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rodney Rodney 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Here’s the line-up for Hungary – what would you ask?

Thursday
    Valtteri Bottas (Williams), Paul di Resta (Force India), Esteban Gutierrez (Sauber), Lewis Hamiton (Mercedes), Pastor Maldonado (Williams), Kimi Raikkonen (Lotus)

Friday
    Cyril Abiteboul (Caterham), John Booth (Marussia), Franz Tost (Toro Rosso), Claire Williams (Williams), Toto Wolff (Mercedes)

Profile photo of Hairs
    Hairs
    Participant

I’d ask all the drivers if they think the new tyres will improve their chances. Then I’d ask Kimi about the red bull drive, and I’d ask them all if they like coming to Hungary.

Wait, I’m not brain damaged or one of the official press….

I’d ask Paul what he thinks of Gary Anderson telling the truth about him ‘s recent comments. Because I think that was the best assessment of DiResta I’ve read: he’s arrogant, cold and thinks he should be handed this stuff on a plate, when in fact he’s a mid ranker who is lucky to be in the position he is.

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Drivers:
    #Bottas: ‘With the summer break coming up in F1, do you feel the pressure is on for the Williams team and yourself to score more points? Do you think you and/or the team will change approach to the second half of the season if there are no points for you in Hungary?’

Di Resta: ‘Has your team messing up your qualifying sessions led you to take a different stance towards the team? Especially when it comes to talking about strategy, or do you feel the team needs to sort it out?’

Gutierrez: ‘A sort of repeat of my question to #Bottas, do you think you will change approach to the rest of the season if you remain pointless here? If you do remain pointless, how worried are you for your seat and your place in escuderia Telmex?’

Hamilton: ‘Any musical endeavors recently? If so, have you recorded anything in regard to McLaren or Pirelli?’

Maldonado: ‘Can you quickly but thoroughly explain once again your lackluster season is because the car isn’t suited to you?’

Teams:
    Abiteboul: ‘You recently stated you did not regret taking on 2 rookies this season and were not disappointed with them. Are you disappointed with your designers and car, or have you accepted 2013 will not be your year either?’

Booth: ‘Is it true ADAC contacted you about sponsorship after the German GP saw your team getting double of its normal coverage?’

Tost: ‘How happy were you when Cecceto Jnr didn’t crash during the YDT?’

Williams: (see #Bottas)

Wolff: ‘Is it true you and Colin Kolles will no longer be sending each other Christmas cards?’

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Here’s who’s facing the press in Belgium:

Thursday
    Jules Bianchi (Marussia), Giedo van der Garde (Caterham), Romain Grosjean (Lotus), Charles Pic (Caterham), Jean-Eric Vergne (Toro Rosso) and Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull).

Friday
    Nick Chester (Lotus), Andrew Green (Force India), Jean-Michel Jalinier (Renault Sport), James Key (Toro Rosso), Tom McCullough (Sauber) and Pat Symonds (Williams).

Profile photo of the_sigman
    the_sigman
    Participant

BIA: Are you happy with the car?
    GRO: Strong performances over the last weekends, how do you see your chances of a Lotus seat next year?
    VER: Are you happy with your performances? How would you compare yourself against Daniel?

GRE: Is your problem tyre management or car speed?
    SYM: What do you expect from Williams to achieve for the rest of the season?

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

Italy:

Fernando Alonso (Ferrari), Jenson Button (McLaren), Max Chilton (Marussia), Felipe Massa (Ferrari), Daniel Ricciardo (Toro Rosso), Mark Webber (Red Bull)

Ross Brawn (Mercedes), Stefano Domenicali (Ferrari), Christian Horner (Red Bull), Monisha Kaltenborn (Sauber), Graeme Lowdon (Marussia), Martin Whitmarsh (McLaren)
    _

I would like to start by asking what the drivers think about going to Suzuka in five weeks time…

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

That’s a good line-up but it’s a bit overkill really for a 30-minute session. Chilton is probably not going to get any questions. Ricciardo plus the Ferrari drivers probably would have sufficed, and perhaps Webber.

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Here’s the Singapore line-up:

Thursday

Valtteri Bottas
    Nico Hulkenberg
    Sergio Perez
    Kimi Raikkonen
    Nico Rosberg
    Adrian Sutil

Friday

Eric Boullier (Lotus)
    Robert Fernley (Force India)
    Tony Fernandes (Caterham)
    Frank Tost (Toro Rosso)
    Claire Williams (Williams)

Profile photo of GeeMac
    GeeMac
    Participant

I’d ask why Hulkenberg is being billed as a driver for Lotus. ;)

http://t.co/KPCcO3od3v

Profile photo of the_sigman
    the_sigman
    Participant

BOT: We are well over the half point of the season, how would you rate your performance?
    HUL: It was an amazing performance in Monza, can you continue like that?
    How do you see your chances of a place next year?
    ROS: How do you see Hamilton as a teammate? Has he helped you improve?
    —-
    BOU: Is Grosjean going to stay?

Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Hulkenberg: “How does it make you feel even the FIA wants you to get the Lotus seat, next to basically every website running a poll on the subject?”

Raikkonen: “Re-joining Ferrari at this stage of your career, have you considered Ferrari is probably going to be your last team, even if you don’t want it to?”

Sutil: “You have been largely invisible in this year’s silly season; are you confident you will retain your Force India seat, or are you a little more careful about the teams you’re talking to?”

__

Boullier: “How are you going to approach 2014 Twitter-wise? Will Romain Grosjean be promoted to the funny man of the team, will there be Massa puns or is Hulkenberg’s popularity, combined with the possibilities of using #Hulk another reason you should hire him?”

Fernley: “There isn’t much talk about Force India this silly season, are you looking at maintaining the same line-up, or is silence golden?”

Williams: “There has been a lot of talk about the engine and ERS freeze, mere years after introducing the new rules next year. Does this have any influence on your work with Williams Hybrid Power?”

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Here’s who will appear in Korea:

Thursday

Jules Bianchi (Marussia)
    Paul di Resta (Force India)
    Romain Grosjean (Lotus)
    Esteban Gutierrez (Sauber)
    Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
    Felipe Massa (Ferrari)

Friday

Ron Meadows (Mercedes)
    Dickie Stanford (Williams)
    Andy Stevenson (Force India)
    Massimo Rivola (Ferrari)
    Graham Watson (Caterham)
    Beat Zehnder (Sauber)

Profile photo of andae23
    andae23
    Participant

Is there logic in the Friday line-up, as in they are all team sporting directors? Because I don’t know half of them!

Profile photo of Aish Heydrich
    Aish Heydrich
    Participant

Both days- “So how are you all doing today?”

Profile photo of Tomsk
    Tomsk
    Participant

Question for everyone on Friday, in the interviewer’s best imitation of Prince Charles:
    “So…what do you do?”

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.