F1

Coulthard and the Red Bull Running Showcar in New York City

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, apparently they just arrived:

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/status/234278667516272640

Red Bull Racing sure is good at not publicizing this sort of thing, so that very few people know about it before the last minute and therefore very few annoying fans show up! Well done, RBR.

Anyway, I have no idea what (if anything) they have planned in the city or whether they are just on their way somewhere else, but I thought I’d mention it in case (a) anyone is interested and (b) anyone has further details.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not that anyone has given any indication of being interested one way or the other — but, in the interest of being complete, it seems Coulthard and the Showcar are here to “do some filming.”

Anonymous
    Inactive

They were in Liberty State Park, Jersey City:

https://twitter.com/redbullf1spy/status/235146325103091712

BasCB
    Participant

Frustrating, these kind of tweets. Had they told people where they were heading, or at least given some hints to make it a bit of a challenge to find them , I am sure it would have gotten a lot more attention and many fans would have loved it.

This way it just leaves a feeling of disappointment for not having gotten any of it.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

This way it just leaves a feeling of disappointment for not having gotten any of it.

The whole thing seems like it was organised to be a filming day, so it’s possible that Red Bull didn’t want fans lining the streets. I’m guessing that they could have been shooting some kind of promotional footage for the Grand Prix of America, so they wanted clear shots of the car driving around landmarks since greenscreen is difficult to do at 300km/h.

Here’s the showcar performing The Star-Spangled Banner on its engine:

BasCB
    Participant

I get it that a team might want to NOT attract visitors to an event (why not use the opportunity though?) @Prisoner-monkeys, their choice. But if they don’t want fans to come and see it, why on earth tweet about it up front to make people want to go and see it? That is the part I find disappointing.

Coulthard was also spotted driving in the Lincoln tunnel:

F1Yankee
    Participant

i’ve heard renault play god save the queen and la marseillaise, but this star spangled banner was pretty croaky. i’m afraid you won’t be moving on to the final round. thank you.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@bascb

if they don’t want fans to come and see it, why on earth tweet about it up front to make people want to go and see it? That is the part I find disappointing

But they’re not Tweeting up-front about it. They’re Tweeting and posting pictures after the fact. They’re not saying “Hey, we’re going to be in Liberty State Park tomorrow, but you can’t come”; they’re saying “Hey, we were in Liberty State Park yesterday, and this is what we did”.

BasCB
    Participant

Ehm,

But they’re not Tweeting up-front about it.

@prisoner-monkeys, have a look at the post from @aka_robyn that started this forum talk. How is that not a tweet up front telling the people they will be doing something in NY.

And if they did as you say here

They’re not saying “Hey, we’re going to be in Liberty State Park tomorrow, but you can’t come”

it would be a lot better, because only die hard fans would come anyway and tell the world it was great to get a sneak peek.

Instead they say there will be something going on up front. And then show pictures and videos to show what fans missed. Some dodgy PR and marketing thinking going on there.

Teaser video of Coulthard in the tunnel:

Some more video and images in today’s round-up:

Coulthard hits 300kph in Lincoln Tunnel demo run

Anonymous
    Inactive

In spite of my irritation about the whole endeavor, I have to admit the end result is kind of cool…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.