F1

Day two experience at Jerez

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Greg Kingston
    Participant

[QUOTE=The_Abyss;27572150]Another good day at the test today. Cooler than yesterday, with virtually no sun at all. There were a few spots of rain in the afternoon but then the heavens looked like they were about to open (they did!) so we left with about 45 minutes remaining.

It didn’t feel like there was as much running today, and there were a few periods of inactivity. Hamilton was solid until his failure – watching the Mercedes mechanics sprint down the pit lane with a blanket to cover the rear wing was quite amusing, and they were too slow to stop the Williams team taking some photos of it as Hamilton had stopped right by their garage :D

There’s nothing really to say about McLaren – they hardly made an appearance and it is clear that the engine, gearbox and electronics aren’t working together.

Sauber looked good today, although the car was still more skittish with more lockups than everyone, giving the impression it was being driven a little harder than others. Bottas was really solid again, as was Vettel. I thought I’d do a short video to compare the engine notes, as the cars are most definitely louder this year.

The Lotus wasn’t too bad considering this was their first day, but it feels like they have a few gremlins in the gearbox – sometimes after a gear change there was no immediate power to accelerate. The Lotus was also overheating its brakes quite badly for several laps before it broke down on track, so I’m not sure if this was the cause or not. But still, all very early days for every car and team.

The Red Bull was lol-worthy, looking and sounding terrible. I missed the accident that caused it but I guess it was at turn two as there was some serious rubber left there that I’m sure wasn’t there the day before.

Anyway, not the best day for photography as it was pretty cloudy at best and at other times downright dark. Click below for the full set, and I’ve put a few in this post too. Mercedes were the only team for the second day running to use the flow viz paint.

Max Verstappen

andae23
    Participant

@gregkingston Some great stuff here. Hadn’t seen a picture of Maldo’s brakes overheating yet, so thanks for that. Keep enjoying yourself! :)
    Pastor Maldonado

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.